New Years Eve idea for Orlando/WDW?

Sep 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

New Years Eve idea for Orlando/WDW?

We will be arriving Dec. 31 -2adults and 2 teenagers (14 & 16). Any ideas on something fun (and not too expensive to do a New Years Eve)
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
GoTravel

Epcot I think is the best deal in Orlando for New Years Eve. Best fireworks and has something for everyone and if mom and dad want a drink, they can get one.

Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

What is pleasure Island like?Is the comedy club OK for a 14 year old? I read that the content becomes more Mature later in the Evening, so is early evening OK? Never been to Pleasure Island- but looks like fun.
Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:52 PM

Our son always loved the comedy club--it is improv. However, it helps to be a little open-minded. It is Disney World, so it is not X-rated and there is not foul language, but it is not the Magic Kingdom either!! Also, the Adventurers Club on Pleasure Island is is really wonderful. However, since the "shtick" of Pleasure Island, is that it is New Year's Eve every night, I imagine that it is quite crowded on the real New Year's Eve...Also there are many outdoor carts that sell alcoholic beverages, so again, it depends on what you are comfortable with.....
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
GoTravel

I would not recommend Pleasure Island because I think they are age restrictions New Years Eve because of crowds.

My stepdaughter could not get in Pleasure Island last New Years Eve and she is 17. Also, tickets are something stupidly expensive like $100 per person.

Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
GoTravel

It seems I was correct. Pleasure Island is $89 per person and you must be 21 years of age to enter on New Years Eve.

Sep 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Go Travel: Thanks for the heads up on New Years Eve. I couldn't find that information on the web. I'm I correct to assume that any other day of the year is OK for teenagers, at Pleasure Island.
I like the idea of doing a Disney resturant at New Years Eve. Any other recommendations? If we are going down, I would like something a little special, but not over priced. How about a resturant in the Disney marketplace area? That way, we could still see the fireworks from WDW.
Sep 25th, 2005, 06:41 PM

I'm not sure what you consider overpriced, but California Grill in the Contemporary offers the best view of MK fireworks. It is on the expensive side, but it is one of the best restaurants on Disney property, so IMHO, it's worth it.

Wherever you end up, make your reservations asap. Disney resort restaurants accept reservations 120 days in advance, and I'm sure that's a very popular evening. In fact, it may be too late for many choices. The Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney takes reservations 60 days in advance and Fulton's Crab House, also in Downtown Disney, takes them 30 days in advance. I don't believe any other Downtown Disney restaurants take advance reservations. There may be exceptions for New Year's Eve, so you may want to look into it.

Good luck!
Sep 26th, 2005, 06:08 AM
GoTravel

Again, I think Epcot is the most bang for your buck on New Years Eve.

Marbie, I'm almost positive that Pleasure Island is open to teenagers the other 364 days a year; just not the real New Years Eve.

You could do your own family New Years Eve on New Years Day night? That way your teens could get into Pleasure Island.

Sep 26th, 2005, 05:47 PM

GoT: I agree that Epcot would be a great choice. But I'm guessing that as Marbie and family are arriving on the 31st, it may be late enough in the day that they do not want to waste a day's admission for just a few hours. It seems this is the case, anyways, as she seems to be focusing on places outside the parks.
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Klw25, that is correct. We probably won't be arriving until 2 pm. Dinner and a show may be all we can handle. I had never been to the California Grill, but had thought it looked nice on a previous trip. I'll check with WDW and see what the rules are for New Years Eve. Many Thanks all the great info!

Search this Thread