New Year's Eve in LA

Search

New Year's Eve in LA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2003, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's Eve in LA

I am going to be in LA on New Year's Eve. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to go. Preferibly all inclusive (food and drinks) with a dancing atmosphere. I don't even know where to start searching. Thanks for all of your help!
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 01:02 PM

Where in LA? Being that the metropolitan area is larger than many countries, you'll need to let us know what neighborhood before suggesting anything. I would not recommend trying to drive anywhere that evening-- whatever you decide, make sure you can walk or cab back to your hotel.
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 04:28 PM

There is always tons of stuff happening out here for New Years. Like RJW said, let us know where you will be and then we can help more. I'm sure Digital City will have some listings soon.
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 04:52 PM

I havent been to LA in a while but I do remember a few new years eve dinner/dancing that sounded nice.
If you have the big bucks..then the bash at the Peninsula Hotel. First class all the way.
Doesnt that beautiful japanese restaurant overlooking Hollywood have something for new years eve? Yamihiro or something like that?
A resident could tell us.
And then I remember one of the hotels on santa monica overlooking the ocean had something.

Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:55 AM

I wouldn't spend New Years at the Yamashiro. I would go someplace like the House of Blues to see a show or something like that. Nothing has really been advertised yet, but like I said, Digital City will have some things in the future. There will be tons of clubs offering food, dancing, etc.
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

I am staying in the Hyatt right downtown. We won't have a car, so we would need to walk/taxi it to wherever we go. Am I a little early to be inquiring about this?
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:38 AM

Yes, you're a little early. But I have to ask: WHY downtown?

Actually, the hotels downtown should be having special stuff going on (there aren't many good clubs there), so I imagine you might end up having your celebration right at the Hyatt. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I repeat: You will NOT want to drive any substantial distances New Year's Eve. And the places with good clubs are all pretty long cab rides away.
Old Oct 22nd, 2003, 09:51 AM

Downtown wouldn't be my choice to spend NY eve either.