New Year's Eve IN DC?

Search

New Year's Eve IN DC?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year's Eve IN DC?

Has anyone ever been to the "Big Night America" New Year's Eve Party @ the Wyndham hotel on 1400 M Street in DC? (www.bignightdc.com) I'm probably going to be spending NYE in DC this year and I am trying to figure out what to do. I've heard mixed reviews about this particular party. I also heard that Partyslave.com throws awesome events. I checked the site, but they have not advertised a NYE party yet.

My group of friends consists of people in their late 20's, early 30's who are looking for an all inclusive party that has dinner, drinks, a private table and a good DJ (house music preferred). Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Bueler? Anyone?
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 04:58 AM

Hi Elisachristina,

I haven't been myself, but I have friends who did it last year. They said it was crowded and very hard to get to the bars. Although they had a good time because they were together, they said they wouldn't do it again (we are in our mid-30s, so maybe it's better for younger people?).

This year we are renting out a restaurant for a private party with a whole bunch of friends.

Karen
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:14 AM

just wanted to top this message because we're also looking for something for new year's in DC....any more ideas, anyone?
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM

happy,

if you go to www.ontaponline.com, click on Events, and then at the Event Calendar click on "next week" to get it to New Year's Eve, you'll see a list of about 30 different places having events. This is obviously a partial list, but it might give you some options.

Karen
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Happy MZ~

All the events I was asking about earlier are now sold out. I just discovered this today actually--we even waited too long. I've been waiting for something better to come along, but nothing did and they all sold out. However, I did discover that Vida is having a 5 course sit down dinner for $100.00 (which includes admission to the after party; and a few drinks). Here is the information on this dinner: www.TastingsJournalDC.com

Here is the information on the after party. www.partyslave.com; or www.joonbug.com

I called Vida today and they still have spots for the dinner, but the man who I spoke to (owner) told me to call back this evening to make a reservation.

You may also want to look at my Hot and trendy restaurants in DC thread.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Karen,

What about Vida? Is that a good place to go for dinner/party on NYE?
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM

I just received word from my boyfriend, it's LuLu's in Foggy Bottom for us on NYE. Anyone know of this place, particularly for NYE? He just got the tickets today, so if anyone's still looking, this may be an option...though I must admit at this point I have no clue what kind of place it is or what kind of crowd will be there.

Actually, elisachristina, funny that I ran into you on the pittsburgh threads, as we will actually be there with some other pittsburghers ourselves....(none of us too provincial, I don't think!)
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Happy,

Yeah, that is funny that all of us provincial Pittburgh people are actually venturing into DC. There is going to be a total of 4 of us with my group. Where are you staying? We are staying in the Madera Hotel. We hear its a neat little place that serves you complimentary wine. Oh, btw, are you familiar with the Trader Joe's grocery stores in the DC area? They are actually in all parts of the country, but since you are going to DC I thought I'd tell you this tip: If you like wine, Trader Joe's has the best CHEAP wine. Charles Shaw ("2 Buck Chuck")its only $3.00 a bottle and its really good. You can read some great reviews from the NYT and Wall Steet Journal online about it. Trader Joe's also has some other really great wines (we always stock up and buy a bunch of cases when we go to DC)...since we don't have a Trader Joe's and probably couldn't buy wine in it anyhow. We go to the one in Arlington, VA. It comes in handy b/c we go to a ton of BYOB places for dinner here.

Old Dec 23rd, 2004, 05:29 AM

We are actually staying in Arlington, so I'm definitely going to have to check out Trader Joe's & the wine you mention. I've heard of that, but never tried it - thanks for the tip!

Btw, for anyone interested in Lulu's, I did a bit more research (see www.lulusclub.com)...the party actually looks pretty good. It's a Mardi Gras bar...it may attract a bit younger crowd, I'm not sure...but the NYE party ('Mardi Gras style', of course) looks like a good mix of live music (blues/reggae/rock) and DJs with plenty to eat & drink.
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 04:21 AM

Lulu's tends to be more of a twenty-something bar, but not really sure if that holds true for New Year's.