New Orleans Hotels

Aug 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

New Orleans Hotels

My wife and I are going to New Orleans for a few days in October and are looking for some advice on hotels in the French Quarter. Among the ones we are considering are Historic French Market Inn, the Bienville House and the Inn on Bourbon. Any advice would be appreciated.
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:25 PM

sorry, i'm not familiar with any of those. anybody else?
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:27 PM

We came over from England about 5 years ago and stayed at The Frenchmen Hotel in New Orleans which we found just by chance It is a small hotel but has an old world charm, we enjoyed our stay there but unfortunately we had to move out after 3 days as they were booked up after that.Of course it may of changed since we were there but I hope not because it had so much appeal and we hope to return there one day. Hope you and your wife enjoy your stay in New Orleans as much as we did.
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:36 AM

One of my coworkers stayed at the Bienville House a couple years ago and really liked it.
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:42 AM

When are you going to New Orleans?
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:23 AM

I stayed at the Historic French Market Inn twice, both pre-Katrina. I liked it. The decor was very much in line with the French Quarter, the location is good (close to Jackson Square and Johnny's Po-Boys), the staff seemed friendly. It's not a 4 or 5 star, but it's good value for the money.

We're going back to NOLA in September. I'm waiting to see if this hotel offers a $99 rate. If so, I'll be staying there again!
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Dan

I stayed at the Frenchmen before I moved to New Orleans. It was very dirty and run-down. I think it has improved since then, however.

I do not like the Historic "French Market" Inn either. Really bad reviews on tripadvisor and some other sites.

I'd go with Bienville House! Cute, nice, well-located hotel.
Aug 31st, 2006, 08:55 AM

I'm not sure how you arrived at the hotels in question but there are many better hotels in the same price range. Check out the Monteleone for starters. If you'll provide what you are looking for, I am sure we can do better than the ones you have so far...
Sep 1st, 2006, 05:49 AM

I am going next week and staying at La Maison Marigny - never stayed there but have heard rave reviews. Right at the edge of quarter and fauberg marigny. I will post on how it is - I can't wait to see NOLA again!!
Sep 1st, 2006, 05:58 AM

I'll be interested to see what you think of the F-M. I didn't make it over that way last time but intended to. Share what ever info you can when you return, please ?
Sep 1st, 2006, 05:58 AM

We have stayed at the Inn on Bourbon many times in the past - and will be there in 3 weeks again. It's a great location if you don't have a car and the balconies are perfect for people-watching. AmEx is having a promotion of 5% off the cost of rooms plus a $20.00 rebate on a meal if you book your room with their credit card and use it to purchase the food.