New Orleans Hotels

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Sue

New Orleans Hotels

We are going to NO for a wedding the first weekend in November and are looking for a nice upscale hotel. Wondered if anyone could give me some advice on hotel(s) they've stayed in during the last six months. The wedding is in the Garden District and the reception at the NO Country Club. Do not want to stay in the French Quarter. Thinking about the Crowne Plaza...thanks for your help.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:30 PM
Dan

Hey Sue. The only Crowne Plaza I can think of is in the French Quarter and is called the Astor Crowne Plaza. If you want to stay in the Garden District, I'll suggest a B&B or The Columns Hotel.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:38 PM
susan

The Windsor Court is just at the edge of the French Quarter but is definitely upscale.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:34 PM
janet

Windsor Court is the city's best.
I've even seen rooms on sale at luxurylink.com in recent weeks (didn't check the price though).

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:56 PM
tweedy

I would suggest booking through a local travel agent AND buying travel insurance, just in case.

Lili is now a category 4 storm and will do alot of damage, so just in case, get some insurance so if the trip is ...oh and please pardon the pun...washed out, you won't loose everything.

Hopefully the storm will not be as bad as predicted and everything will be fine for the wedding.

All that said, I stayed at the Marriott very close to the Quarter a couple of years ago and it was very good, there is also the Intercontinental closeby as well that I would stay at next trip, a friend stayed there and loved it.

Good luck.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Casey

My husband and I stayed at the International House in July. It was a very nice, upscale hotel in the Central Business District. It is about two blocks from the French Quarter. The rooms are relatively small, but still comfortable. There is a lovely bar downstairs. The young men that worked at the hotel were very nice and helpful.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Dan

Tweedy, you'll be happy to know that N.O. had very little damage during Lili. More of an inconvenience, really. We were very lucky and are counting our lucky stars now that the beautiful weather has returned!!