New Orleans: Faubourg Marigny area

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:43 AM
C

New Orleans: Faubourg Marigny area

I will be amongst a group of people traveling to NO in Oct. I've heard of several reasonable priced hotels/b&b's in the FM area. Do you know of one that you recommend? What do you think of this location? Thanks for any feedback.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Hal

This is a real up and coming area of town. Years ago I would not have stayed there but now I would without hesitation. Every now and then a high profile crime happens (a jogger was recently shot by two drug-addicted kids for instance) but overall it seems safe and is certainly convenient. I like the Esplanade Avenue area a lot. Very gorgeous. If I am not mistaken, there are only B&Bs in the Faubourg Marigny. No hotels.

Book now. I just tried to book a room in October around Halloween and was amazed at how many hotels are sold out.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Debbie

Try Parkview Marigny B&B on Frenchman Street. Very classic and convenient location! We have stayed there 4 times over the past 7 years.

Have fun. N.O. is our favorite city to visit.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:18 PM
susan

Two B&Bs that get great reviews are La Maison Marigny (at the quiet end of the French Quarter on Bourbon Street) and B&W Courtyards in the Faubourg Marigny. Both are licensed and I'm sure you'd be delighted with either. However, October is one of the busiest months of the year in NO, so you should try and book as soon as possible.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:13 PM
ezron

If this is your 1st trip to NO, I would strongly suggest you stay IN the Quarter. After a few trips you might want to spread your wings and stay in the Garden District or the Faubourg. But for the most part, you want the ambiance that only the Quarter can give.