Search

New Orleans Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Orleans Coupons

I have posted several times about some coupons you can get for visiting New Orleans (Free Bottle of Wine with dinner at the Red Fish Grill and Tujaques, etc.) Some of you were asking where to get these.
One website is for the Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.neworleanscvb.com. Check out "Brochures and Coupons" and Sizzlin' Summer Coupons".
You can find all kinds of great info. I always print coupons for restaurants, tours and shopping. I see that this website also have a Self-Guided walking tour with lots of interesting historical facts. That's what we're going to do this August when we go.

I have had Coupon Books sent to me in the past called the Official Visitor's Guide. Tons of good info - coupons and maps, etc. Small enough to carry with you. You can find that at www.neworleansonline.com. Hope this helps!!

Chilepepper
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM

Thank you! I'm going 6/30-7/3 and these will definitely come in handy.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

You are welcome! Be sure to get that guide sent to you. I looked at it again, and it is the Good Times Guide (through the neworleansonline)
Have a great time. Where are you staying? Any set plans or tours yet? We have been 5 or 6 years in a row and are returning for the first time since Easter before Katrina. Can't wait! We took the Southern Comfort Walking Tour last time through Greyline (I think they have changed the name now, but still have it). What a blast. I never learned so much history about the French and Spanish and pirates and absinthe before! You look at the old buildings in a whole new light! (And sample a few drinks along the way)
Have fun!!!
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:26 AM

We're staying at the Hotel Monteleone, and the only set plan is our 1st anniversary dinner at Stella on Sunday night. My husband has a minor foot injury so I'm waiting to see how he is feeling before booking any tours. I've looked into all the Grayline tours (plantation, swamp, paddleboat), and I'm also interested in the culinary tasting tour. The Southern Comfort one sounds fun too! Where do you normally stay?
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

I have stayed at Bourbon Orleans (great, and had a "haunted experience"), Place d'Armes, Best Wstern Courtyard, Mariott, etc. This time we will be at the Dauphine Orleans. ALMOST booked Hotel Monteleone for its rooftop pool and Carousel Bar. LOVE that bar! If you sit at the bar, get up and go to the restroom. When you come back your husband will not be where you left him! All the places we have stayed have been great, but the locals warned us away from the Courtyard Best Western this time, as it is on Rampart and not a safe area. Staying away from Armstrong Park (Rampart) was also recommended.