Search

New Hope, PA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 07:08 PM
JJ

New Hope, PA

My husband and I are thinking about visiting New Hope in November - is this considered off season? I'm afraid not much would be happening around town when we arrive..LOL!!! I just started my research and thought I'd come to more knowledgeable fodorites for some FYI. =)

Any suggestions or recommendations for activities, B&Bs and/or eateries?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 02:58 AM
xxx

New Hope is busy all the time. I don't think they have an off season to my knowledge. There is a festival I believe the first weekend in Nov. in Lahaska. It is called Peddlers Village. It is the Apple Festival. A rather large event, people from all over attend. There are many B & B's but sorry I can't offer any suggestions on a personal note. There is Lambertville across the bridge on the Jersey side as well. Riding bikes, hiking would be nice to do this time of year. There are many fine restuarants. The Inn at Phillips Mill outside of New Hope is a wonderful BYOB place. Pricey, but very good. A Country French ambiance, and very romantic. Also "Mothers" has great food. Quite a few sidewalks cafe's as well for a snack or lunch. There is the Bucks County Playhouse which has plays etc There are also some wineries in the area to visit. Many shops to browse. The scenery is gorgeous this time of year. I hope this is helpful.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 06:36 AM
nohope

xxx gives pretty good advice about New Hope, so I'll just address the "off season" question. We know people who own a B&B there, and they say Oct-Nov are some of their busier months. So there should be lots of stuff to do, but you won't get any deals on accommodations.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Andy

JJ-- Stay in the Lambertville side of the Bridge that connects Lambertville to New Hope ( over the Delaware River)...there is a fabulous INN called the Lamberville Inn (on the historic register) which has working gas fireplaces in the rooms and balconies over Main St)--absolutely the tops in the area--

Also you could look into Lambertville Station-more on the order of a convention hotel,but prices may be lower--

As far as BnB's in New Hope-we have stayed at the Centre Bridge Inn just outside of the town but it is going downhill and I wouldn't reccommend it....

Stay away from anything near Peddler's Village, as it is TOO crowded with traffic on weekends- and on the main highway into New Hope-No atmosphere-

On the Lamberville side,there are FABULOUS restaurants and tons of antique shops to die for!!!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:13 PM
JJ

Thank you all for your responses! What other activities are around the area? How is the nightlife? Any recommendations? I'm thinking horse-drawn carriage rides might be romantic or maybe something more exciting like a hot air balloon ride? Any flea markets?

Thanks again!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:13 PM
pam

There is the Ivy Land train tour it is called a fall foilage trip. Just a train ride though the towns and country side. There is a horse and buggy ride. There is a boat ride on the Delaware. On Sat. and Sundays there is a large flea market in Lambertville on the Jersey Side. It is an antique flea market, very large. There is also some type of Mule Barge ride. Not terribly exciting, but different. Hot air ride, got me on that one. I don't know. There is a chamber of commerce, I am sure they could supply you with all the info.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Andy

Here are some great rest.in LAMBERTVILLE that we have been to---
Call ahead and make reservations--FALL is primo time!

Hamiltons Grill Room - 8 Coryell, Lambertville, NJ 18530 609-397-4343 Hours: Mon: Fri 6-10pm, Sat: 5:30 to 10pm, Sun: 5-9pm
Experience the restaurant that food and travel writers across the country are giving rave reviews. We offer contemporary
Mediterranean cooking featuring fresh seafood fired on an open grill,
a romantic setting, and both indoor and outdoor courtyard dining.

Manon Restaurant - 19 N Union, Lambertville, NJ 609-397-2596

49 NORTH MAIN: Outstanding New American cuisine served in a casual comfortable atmosphere. "Fresh Approach" menu offering grilled fish, steak and specialty sandwiches. Vegetarian dishes and seasonal specials. Homemade desserts. Lunch served Thurs-Sun. Dinner served Wed-Sun. BYOB. 49 N. Main St., Lambertville, NJ 08530. 609-397-5990.

FOR SHOPPING_ if you are interested in art to wear clothes--drive up to Frenctown NJ- 1/2 hr N of Lambertville NJ to BARCLAY STUDIO--this is the designer of the original BLUEFISH clothing--in a stone house on the left side of the road--:

http://www.barclaystudio.com/01_barclayst_f.html

HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Nancy

IMO, Hamilton's Grill Room is one of the best restaurants in the New Hope/Lambertville area. If you want to go, make a reservation now. They book up very very quickly. Ask for a table in the back room on the sofas. They overlook the canal and it is very cozy. As far as accommodations: We love the Lambertville Inn. We were married there 4 years ago. (Have to disagree with Andy, it is not a convention hotel) We live 1/2 hour from Lambertville and stay at the inn quite a few times during the year. They also have an excellent Sunday Brunch. The Lambertville House is also very very nice and charming. Other restaurants to try would be The Swan Hotel, Rick's (great Italian Food) and Lambertville Station in Lambertville. Carla's, Havana (a very happening place), The Landing, Mothers and Moonlight in New Hope. There will plenty going on. The flea market in Lambertville is called Golden Nugget. It is a great flea market. By the way, Hamilton's Grill Room is a BYOB. There is a great liquor store called Welch's in Lambertville. Great selection of wines.

I have to disagree with Andy about Peddler's Village. Definitely go there. There are tons of places to park. Just go early. There are outlet stores on one side called Penns Purchase and the other side has many many interesting and different shops. Spend the day have lunch at the Spotted Hog.

Check out this website:
http://www.newhopepa.com/...very good info.

Hope all this helps. Have a wonderful time...you will love New Hope/Lambertville.