Notices

New Astoria Or hotel

Old May 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Astoria Or hotel

The brother ( and partners) of one of my workmates is opeining a new hotel in Astoria this summer- The Cannery Pier Hotel- which is built right out on the end of the pier with views of the Astoria Bridge- they have a website up and are taking reservations - think its pretty upscale -
Thought I'd give you a heads up if you are interested
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:06 PM

How fun and exciting! What is the website address, sunbum? I wish them well in their new business venture! When is the grand opening? We'll be back in Astoria next month for the majority of the summer.

I'll definitely stop in and take a look around. Very exciting news, thanks for the info!! ***kim***
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:12 PM

You made my day, sunbum! And have also made me very homesick for Astoria. www.cannerypierhotel.com is the website. What a great location for a hotel, I'm sure it will do very well. ***kim***
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:20 PM

Something tells me these two posters know eachother and have the same objective.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

well I am glad I made someones day- thanks- and it was so easy.
I believe they plan to open in Aug-
eventually will have a restaurant and shops too - It does look really nice-
I tried to get my boss to pay for an "offsite planning meeting " there- but she didnt go for it- darn!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:44 PM

LOL sunbum, see how easy it is

I will add this to the huge list I am compiling of Places to go Once we live in Portland
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:29 PM

with so little goin on there, i guess anything new in astoria is reason to get excited.....

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:01 PM

Where is it in Astoria in relation to the Red Lion Inn? I stayed there about 8 years ago and loved the location, hated the hotel.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:49 PM

From the website, it appears Cannery Pier is very close to the Red Lion.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:20 PM

After looking at the website, the new hotel would be just to the west of the bridge. The new Holiday Inn Express is on the east side of the bridge (if one stands facing north on the Oregon riverbank).
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Looks like the Cannery Pier Hotel will be providing many nice amenities. It will be a nice alternative to the Holiday Inn Express which is nice but pretty basic.

Looks like the Hotel Elliott may have a bit of competition in August. ***kim***
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:08 AM

The area where the Cannery Pier hotel is being built is undergoing a major transformation. Along with the hotel development is the restoration of an old 17,000 square foot building built around 1890's. The building will house a 6,000+ square foot restaurant with wine tasting room run by the folks from the Shoalwater restaurant in Seaview, WA. Also there will be a local brewery w/tasting room. A local chocolate company with manufacturing area and retail outlet with an old style soda fountain and ice cream parlor with fresh Scandinavian pastries served in the morning. There will also be local artist lofts in the building with a possible art gallery. I believe the website for the project is www.cannerypiersquare.com. They will also have an outdoor amphitheatre on the waterfront for live concerts and plays during the summer time. I think it will be a nice compliment to the cannery pier hotel. This will definitely be a must stop for future visitors of Astoria. They will also have a boat building exhibit where local shipwrights will build old replica gillnet boats that were the first to float on the Columbia and all will be built with hand tools and no power tools to replicate the process of years past.

There is also a multi million dollar conference set to begin construction in 2006 slated for this area as well.
Old May 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the info. It's just amazing the changes that this little town has gone through over the past twenty years. Can't wait to return in a few weeks! ***kim***
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:20 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Cannery Pier Hotel in Astoria Oregon.

All I can say is breathe taking. We didnt want to leave. The front desk staff was great and helped us with everything. The rooms bigger then the average hotel room. Fireplaces mini wet bars and did I mention 6 foot claw foot tubs. They also have a full service day spa and a 24 hour fitness room spa and finish sauna.

Being 700 feet out into the water was an experience my husband and I will never forget. This out does even cannon beach this is a must see.
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the report. I was in Astoria at the beginning of the month, but The Cannery Pier is out of my business traveling budget. Maybe in the future for a special occasion!
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:15 PM

I noticed the same thing going on with Tripadvisor. A few of these people appear to be "very close friends" of Syrah's. Hmmm....coincidence or is somebody trying to build up business in Astoria to get the economy stimulated to drum up construction business?
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM

kimamon and beachbum are regular Fodor's posters regarding Oregon travel. No conspiracy here. Move along.
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Kal

For what it's worth, I can vouch for the beautiful Ms. sunbum44, too.

Mrs Kal and I had a nice little GTG in Sactown with her and her lovely daughter recently. ><
But I can only vouch for sunbum44 only.
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM

Author: pdxgirl
<<kimamon and beachbum are regular Fodor's posters regarding Oregon travel. No conspiracy here. Move along.>>

No can do but you're welcome to move along. I wasn't referring to beachbum...wake up and smell the coffee.

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:38 PM

I hope Astoria can keep up with the hotel. It is quite grand and they have plans for much more but it will be interesting if the hotel can get enough people to keep it going.
Can a few months in the summer keep a hotel like that going? Or do people really to go the Coastal towns in the dead of winter?
I do wish them luck though, it seems to be quite an undertaking.
This is from the Oregonian back in Oct..

Cannery Pier Hotel: This new boutique hotel, open only since August, is the buzz of Astoria. Built on 100-year-old pilings, the hotel glows on its perch in the shadow of the Astoria-Megler bridge.

Designed to echo one of the city’s many old canneries on the outside, the hotel has an up-to-the-minute feel inside. Bathrooms have clawfoot tubs, slab granite showers and vanities and shuttered windows that open in to the bedroom. Each room has a small deck that gives guests a salmon’s-eye viewpoint of the towering bridge. You couldn’t get closer to passing ships unless the hotel pulled anchor and floated down the river.

General manager Don West says the location is great for watching storms and ship traffic.

• Rates: $249 winter/$299 summer; 10 Basin St.; 1-888-325-4996; www.cannerypierhotel.com