never been to slc and clueless, please help!

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never been to slc and clueless, please help!

Hi all, I'm planning a trip for my husband who is turning 30 in March and I'm considering Salt Lake City. If we want to go skiing for a night or two, where do you recommend we stay? We'll most likely go for a total of 3-4 nights and would like to experience SLC's night life as well. Any hints on a romantic stay? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:45 AM

Well Shamrock,

You don't say what the budget is. There are plenty of options. You could stay in SLC and yes, there is night life there. However, the night life is always better in Park City and many more convenient options in a beautiful setting.

If you wanted a B&B arrangement, The Washington School Inn is great. Many condo options and some hotels. PC has a free shuttle bus system, so most places you stay don't require a car.

Check out www.parkcityinfo.com.

Write back with more questions.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:24 AM

Indeed, head for Park City. "SLC nightlife" is an oxymoron.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:25 PM

I (45 years old) stay in SCL to save money on the pillow. I go to other cities for the city experience. Park City would be a better experience for late 20's people. It will be more expensive to stay there, but it will be more fun.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:50 PM

If you don't mind driving a bit, I would recommend The Homestead Resort in Midway (www.homestead-ut.com). It is about 40 mi. from SLC and about 10 mi. from Park City. It is more rural, but very nice & a romantic setting. If it's still wintry, they offer sleigh rides, cross country skiing, etc. Also easy to drive to Park City for skiing. In Park City there are lots of nice places to stay...I like the Angel House B & B if you like victorian. Black Bear Lodge is great if cost isn't an option. Feel free to e-mail me if you want more info...we live in park city! natalie ([email protected])