Need to narrow down the choices-key west

Old Sep 6th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to narrow down the choices-key west

We have it down to either Mangia-Mangia, La Trattoria, or Opera Italian for italian one night.
We also are thinking about Michaels, Alice's, Camille's, or Square One.
We will be there 3 nights during Fantasy Fest.
We are staying in at the Gardens Hotel so will eat breakfast there. We want italian one night, and then need 2 others.
We thought we might eat at Banana Cafe for lunch one day.
Any advice?
Lo
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM

I would go with Mangina-Mangina It is off of Duval . Anything on Duval during Fantasy Fest will be hard to get into.Finnegan' Wake is a nice Irish pub with good food its by the Navy Base.You may want to try something on the other side of the Island away from Duval.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 11:41 AM

We always go to Antonia's. It is very near La Trattoria but on the other side of the street. We were turned on to it by a local years ago and have never been dissapointed. Michael's is also one of our favorites.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM

We really enjoyed Seven Fish during a visit last year. I'd e-mail and try and get a reservation now. Very small place.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:42 PM

I was there a few months ago and we ate at Opera -- very nice Italian restaurant, but it's on Duval (you go down a narrow path off Duval to get to it.) We also ate at Alice's. If you like Duck, she makes it with a different sauce every night; the owner recommended it and my niece loved it. Both restaurants had very good food, but NOT inexpensive (hardly anything is inexpensive in KW.) I've seen loads of postings saying Mangia-Mangia is good, too.

Enjoy your vacation! I'd love to go to Fantasy Fest, but can't get there this year. I just saw an ad in the paper today for it. You'll have fun!
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 04:45 AM

I also think Antonia's is the best choice for Italian. In my opinion, it's much better than La Trattoria.

Camille's doesn't really belong in the same category with Michael's Alice's and Square One. Of the latter 3, I think I'd choose Alice's. Michael's is wonderful, but with only 3 dinners, I'd advise you to have at least one good fish meal, something Alice's does very well. I haven't heard much about Square One recently. I know they got a new chef and waitstaff several months ago and I'm not sure how successful the change has been.

I'm not a big fan of Banana Cafe. Unless you love crepes, there really isn't much reason to go there.