Need some suggestions for Kauai Honeymoon

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:01 AM
Miriam

Need some suggestions for Kauai Honeymoon

Trying to plan our honeymoon now for early September to Kauai. We are looking for a reasonable condo on the beach. Will be spending a lot of our time away from the condo so as long as it is nice with a pool we'd be fine with it. What condos can you receommend that are beachfront and reasonable? We were going to stay at the Kauai coconut beach resort but after hearing all of the bad reviews changed our plans. Now need to find good airfare coming from LA.

Any tips would be great!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:12 AM
kauai

One of the best deals for oceanfront condo is the Wailua Bayview Condos. They run about $100 per night and are right on the beach. I knew about them before we visited Kauai so I made a point of going by. They really are right on the beach. They are also right off the main street so I'd make sure to get a unit a little further away from the street side.

Further south are the ocean front Kuhio Shores. Large size condos $100-$150 per night. This place is right next door to the best restaurant on the island, The Beach House. We all rave about it for it's great sunset views at dinner. By staying in one of the condo units I imagine you'd get that sunset view every night.

Also available by owners directly through vrbo.com.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:03 PM
Brenda

Kuhio Shores does not have a pool.
Prince Kuhio, across the street has a small pool out back but nothing special about the pool area. Units are very average, but nice location and affordable.
Suggest Lawai Beach Resort next door if they have units for rent. Great pools and atmosphere, plus wonderful sunset and ocean views. Also a plus in that it is across the street from the Beach House Restaurant. LBR is mainly a timeshare resort but you may be able to secure a unit by contacting their exchange company at www.htse.net.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:07 AM
Jay

Hi Miriam
We stayed at the SeaLodge II in princeville. Not sure if you wanted to stay on the north shore, but this place was an excellent value. We payed $100 per night and it have awesome views. You could see the ocean from your living room and from in bed. It sits up on a bluff so the beach is a 10 minute hike, but I'd definately stay there again. If you do a search on yahoo or whatever you'll be able to see some pictures. The Wailua mentioned looked good too. we almost stayed there. The only thing with that is it's in a pretty busy area IMHO. Good Luck : )

Old May 23rd, 2002, 04:19 AM
Sarah

I just got an email from a friend who lives on Oahu who told me that Hawaii is expecting its worst hurricane season in decades. I think hurricane season is June to October. There have been warnings that el Nino will produced an increased chance of tropical storms and hurricanes for summer and a dry winter.

I know I am more than a wet blanket with this news but if I did not have airline tickets in my hand I would not be going this summer. As this is your honeymoon I would rethink Hawaii maybe look at Europe. Normally I would say French Polynesia but I don't expect their weather predictions will be much different.

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Tammy

My parents just returned from 10 days on Kauai. They did have some rain! However, they were always able to find somewhere where it wasn't raining. They saw a lot of beautiful rainbows and the waterfalls were gorgeous. I suspect that by September you would have very nice weather.
You didn't mention what part of the island you would like to be on? On the south shore look up suite paradise or Grantham rentals. they can be found at poipu-beach.org. They offer a variety of condos at excellent prices and lots of variations. They do have some Lawai beach rentals too. The east coast is central to travel but not as scenic. Wailua Bayview is in a busy area. I would suggest Lae Nani, very quiet and pretty with nice pool and on one of the nicer beaches on the eastside. Kaha lani is another very moderate condo that my parents stayed in and liked very much. fairly quiet and tropical with a smaller but very nice pool. On the north shore sea lodge is great! Pua Poa has some GREAT view from the second or third floor units. My parents loved hanalei Bay resort, very tropical and lush and the pool and hot tub are to die for. It is better to upgrade to a one bedroom suite, much nicer rooms and free (delicious) breakfast at Bali Hai restaurant.
Have fun!

p.s. for airfare make sure you check out ALOHA Air and Hawaiian Air. Aloha was offering a roundtrip from Burbank to Honolulufor $199 on their website!

Old May 24th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Patty

Miriam,

I believe the Burbank-HNL fare sale will end on June 30th. September is low season so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding low airfares. Actually I've never had much trouble finding low airfares in high season either from LAX - it's a pretty competitive market. You might want to check the surrounding airports too - Orange, Ontario, Burbank. Or try Pleasant Holiday's ATA service - they are usually pretty reliable for low fares when other sources aren't available.