Notices

Need help with Seattle Hotels

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Seattle Hotels

My husband and I are taking our daughter to look at University of Puget Sound in two weeks. She will be with us for one night and the other two staying at the school. We would like a hotel that will be roomy enough when she is with us, and romatic enough when she is not. I have only been to Seattle one other time and stayed within walking distance of Pikes Place and many other sights. Are there any great hotels on or near the water? Would like to stay under $300.00 per night (closer to $200.00 if possible.) What are the latest and greatest restaurants? Thanks for any help you can give. kmh
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:59 PM

kmh,

Just so you know, UPS is located in Tacoma, Washington - roughly an hours drive from downtown Seattle (Go Loggers!).

Roomy and romantic? Hmmmm...can't think of anything that fits the bill, but maybe suze or happytrails can help out.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 04:17 PM

I won't make judgement calls, but here's a few:

The Edgewater is the only downtown Seattle hotel actually *on* the Sound.

You might look at hotels with suites for the night with your daughter, like the Alexis.

I don't know about romance, but I love the more traditional places like Sorrento Hotel and Mayflower Park.

Hotel Andra has the most 'buzz' factor going lately and a restaurant called Lola.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the thoughts.Please keep them coming. I know that UPS is in Tacoma but I don't want to stay there, unless there is someplace womderful that I am not aware of other than the school.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:13 PM

My brothers & sister raved about Inn at the Market: http://www.innatthemarket.com - but I'm not sure of the prices. Can't get any closer to Pike Place and shopping!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM

Inn at the Market rooms vary in price by whether they have a water view or face the street (I believe). It is a great central location. The building itself is newer, so different from the more traditional hotels mentioned above.