Reload this Page >

Need help on a place to stay in Key West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Sharon

I am planning a trip to Key West, strictly for relaxation in May. I have read and re-read all the feedback on places to stay, and am now confused. I can get a good deal on the Crowne Plaza La Concha, but has anyone stayed recently, and it is nice? Or should I pay extra for the beach, at the Hyatt? My husband likes what he read about the Pier House?

Thanks to anyone for their help!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 02:26 PM
jess

Thw Hyatt always seems to be the favorite. Great location too.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 03:53 PM
susan

Sharon - You won't go wrong with any of these places. I've stayed at the Hyatt several times and like it a lot. The Pier House is next door, and the only complaint I've ever heard about it is that most rooms face the parking lot. If you get a great rate at La Concha, by all means stay there! It's in the middle of the action and has been recently renovated. I'd consider the Hyatt and the Pier House a tier above La Concha, though.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Larry

My wife and I stayed at the Banyon Resort on Whitehead Street. It is in a great location and the tropical pool area in the rear is very intimate and quiet.There are two pools,a nice small pool bar and jacuzzi. It is a very private resort just down the street from Kellys Caribbean Restaurant.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 04:32 AM
grglnswsh

Out of the 3 I would choose the Hyatt. They just seem to be the most consistant. La Concha is in a great location but not on the water and the pool area is not very pretty. The Pier House just went through some renovations but I have heard too many complaints in the past about the rooms and service to ever be comfortable recommending them.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:22 AM
shay

Have you looked at the Casa Marina? It use to be owned by Marriott but I think now by Wyndham. We loved it and got a terrific rate (less than other places not on the beach) ! It is on it's own beach a bit a way from Duval Street near the Hyatt but only a $4-5 cab ride or short bike ride. It is up the street from a wonderful resteraunt-next to the Hyatt(name escapes me). The pool is awesome, massages under the palm trees overlooking the beaches and the staff was very friendly. Would certainly stay there again!! If you are looking for something more intimate I have also stayed at the Garden House. It is a lovely B&B type place. it has approx 9 rooms (we had several couples with us so we saw several of the romms and they were all very clean, good size and comfortable), a large jacuzzi pool, afternoon beer and wine, and continental breakfast. The couple that own it are very friendly and helpful. A resteraunt the recommended was Seven Fishes and is was terrific!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Viv

Choose Hyatt or Hilton. Location location location. We went and stayed at the Hyatt you can walk to all the fun stuff don't have to rent a car and worry about parking which makes a very stress free vacation. I loved every minute of our vacation. The area is very bustling with lots to do but once you go through the gate into your hotel it is peacful and tranquil.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Rich

I''ve also stayed a couple of times at the Banyon Resort. It's nice and peacefull, and all the people are really nice. Check out their website and see for yourself
.http://www.banyanresort.com/
have a great time wherever you go.