Need help in the Florida Keys!!

Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Need help in the Florida Keys!!

We're coming for spring break -- April 3-10. Considering somewhere in the Keys.... does anyone have any kid friendly, first class recommendations? What about Hawk's Cay? Help.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM

Many questions - Is a beach Important ? age of kids ? $$$$ ? R & R, site seeing or what is the purpose of your trip ? Many places in the Keys will not allow kids under a certain age or kids at all. A Resort ? A pool ?
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM

Hawk's Cay is about the best place I could think of in the Keys for a kid friendly vacation. I believe they even have a babysitting service to let the adults enjoy a few hours of peace if needed.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Good questions... thank you. Yes, a beach, a pool, kids are 12, 11, 9 and 6. Purpose: r&r, but the husbands would like to go deep sea fishing and tennis. Moms want to have a spa. Money --- along the lines of a Ritz Carlton resort. Thank you for your input, SAnParis2.

To mark99 - have you been to Hawk's Cay recently? I've heard they have renovated?
Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM

No...about a year ago pre reno, for a 3 day biz retreat. Looked like a great place for families, and there are tons of day charters for fishing in the area.

Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:28 AM

Hawk's Cay may be your choice, although I am going on hear-say. The beach part is difficult for the Keys although you can always visit Bahai Honda State Park. Here is another one you may want to have a look at http://www.thekeysresort.com/