Family hotel in Florida Keys

Old May 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family hotel in Florida Keys

I am planning a trip (1st time) to the Florida Keys in Nov and am looking for accomations for a family of 5 (2 adults, 17,14 and 11 y.o. children) Would like to stay in the central portion of the keys, Marathon or Islamorada.

What recommendations would you have?? Banana Bay or Islander Resort both look interesting. Would like activities for the kids but would rather keep the cost moderate. Thanks.
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:46 AM
GoTravel

I like Islamorada so much better than Marathon.

My favorite hotel is the Pines and Palms at MM81.

http://www.pinesandpalms.com/

Great man made beach (all beaches in the keys are man made), oceanfront pool literally on the ocean, two long docks, outdoor kitchen by pool, all accommodations have full kitchens, marina, and lots of other stuff.

Great central location.

Old May 5th, 2006, 01:24 PM

we have just got back and we stayed at hawks cay in duck key. its between marathon and islamorada, we have 2 sons aged 6 and 8 years.they loved it there is lots for kids to do there brilliant swimming pools behind the indies club. they did the kids night in at the indies club and loved it whilst we had a lovely meal out . over all there have been some bad reports about this hotel but we could not fault it, it has all been refurbished in side .we recieved a lovely basket of fruit from the staff which was a lovely touch. the keys are not really very exciting for kids but this hotel was superb. id advise staying in the middle to lower keys at the first ones seemed a little commercialsed.your kids are older buut they had lots of entertaiment programmes that would be great for your kids as well.
Old May 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Another recommendation for Hawks Cay.
Great for families, sailing, fishing, etc.
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:31 PM

Pines and Palms as GoT says; also look at Lime Tree Bay which has an enormous variety of rooms, suites, and cottages - pool and manmade beach. Both of these are "Old Keys" in atmosphere, good for families, and very relaxing.

www.limetreebayresort.com
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Judyz, just curious... why the central keys and not Key West? You may have a very good reason, but I was just inquiring because I think that Key West has a lot more in the way of fun activities for kids of those ages... there's a lot more going on than in the middle keys, where it's pretty much about relaxation and fishing.