Need help choosing between these Denver hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I will be in Denver next month for 3 days. Its both business and pleasure.
I have a reservation for a king suite at the Crowne Plaza Denver downtown, but am thinking about switching to either the Magnolia Hotel (King Suite) or the Warwick Hotel (Deluxe room). We will be two female friends who aren't driving or parking. We want to be able to walk to downtown sites, and enjoy luxury furnishings more than space/hotel amenities. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM

I don't know what you means by "luxury furnishings more than space/hotel amenities" or what you want. And being from Denver I almost never stay in one of the hotels so cannot address the insides. But I know where they are. The Magnolia and Crowne Plaza are in similar locations about three blocks from each other -- block and half west of the 16th Mall. CP a little further south and Magnolia more towards the middle. The Warwick is 6 blocks off of the south end of the 16th Steet Mall. The 16th Street Mall runs -- more or less north and south -- and is the heart of downtown Denver. A free shuttle bus running the length of the Mall provides convenient transport to nearly everything in the downtown area. The Warwick would be much less convenient but closer to the Art and Colorado History museums.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply! This information is useful. Can you speak to the reputatation of these hotels?

What I meant in that I care more about a really nicely appointed, comfortable room, than a large room or a pool/fitness room.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

To clarify my request. I would like to know if anyone is familiar with these hotels and which they would most recommend.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Short answer is no but have never heard speak poorly of these hotels. I assume you have check the evaluations on Trip Adviser. As a local I have only been inside of couple of hotels in downtown Denver when visiting question. Hopefully someone who has stayed in one of these hotels will respond. Both the Magnolia, and the Warwick are rehab hotels. And to a lesser degree so is the Crowne Plaza.
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM

We have not stayed at the Warwick, but we have hosted a holiday party in their restaurant for years. They provide great service, and they get it right every single year. Several friends have stayed there, post-party, and I've never heard any problems.

But, it is on the east side of town from LoDo. It depends on what you want to walk to from your hotel. Do you want shops and restaurants (Larimer, LoDo), or museums and libraries (near the Warwick)?

The Brown Palace is the grande dame of Denver hotels. Don't know their prices in January. They are closer in than The Warwick, but still a ways from LoDo. You could easily take the free 16th street shuttle to Larimer, walk to LoDo from there.

The Monaco is also nice, close to the Magnolia, which I don't know per se.
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:46 AM

We work with the Warwick Hotels in several cities. I can tell you that Warwick Denver has the largest rooms in the downtown area (it was an apartment building when originally built.) About $25 million has been spent on remodeling in the last two years, including redecorating every room. The beds are amazingly comfortable, bathrooms are lovely. Hotel also has a complimentary car service to attractions in the downtown Denver area (first come, first serve basis). I think you would be very happy!
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM

I live in the Denver metro area. The Crowne Plaza is very nice with large rooms -- newly decorated - stayed there a few weeks ago on a 'girl's weekend.' The Warwick is lovely, but a few blocks off of the 16th Street Mall and the free shuttle. The Magnolia is a boutique hotel and would likely cost more -- we got a GREAT deal at the Crowne on a weekend rate. If you're staying at the Crowne, I'd just stay there. It's one block to the 16th Street Mall where you can take the shuttle. Have Fun!!