Need Chattanooga hotel hep!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide between the Country Inn & Suites and the Staybridge Suites. We have two young children ages 4 & 3. Has anyone stayed at either of these places? Any other options/suggestions greatly appreciated. Planning on visiting the last weekend in July.
Thanks.
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have been to Chattanooga and we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I would highly recommend it. It is clean, fairly new and close to everything. You can walk to the aquarium and some restuarants and a movie theater. There is also a AAA baseball park behind the hotel area and we walked over and watched a game.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM

Hi, Lisbeth~

I live in Chattanooga - can you tell me why you have selected between these two and what your criteria is? It would help in making suggestions
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Hi TBelle,

I am looking at these two places because my husband and I will be traveling with our 4 yr. old and 3 yr. old. They each need separate beds along with us needing our own bed. The Staybridge Suites has a 2 BR/2 BA suite where each child would have their own double bed and we would have a queen. We definitely need something close to the activities we have planned: aquarium, discovery museum, Tennessee Valley RR, etc. Is this hotel in a fairly safe part of town? They have complimentary parking and breakfast and say that they are 1 block from the free downtown shuttle. Can you give me any other info on this hotel or others that could accomodate us?
Thanks,
Lisbeth
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM

Lisbeth~

I'm asking around about the Staybridge Suites, but to be honest, I can't imagine taking the vacation here without staying at the Chattanooga "Choo-choo Hilton"! You could get adjoining rooms (I think that would be less than a suite there), the grounds are lovely with several pools and it would be relaxing for when you are there. They also have an excellent breakfast buffet, but I don't believe it is included in the room rates. There is a free shuttle outside the lobby every 10 minutes to the downtown places you want to see! The website is www.choochoo.com.

Also, you may want to see if you can get adjoining rooms at the Clarion. I've stayed there, too (I know - seems strange staying in hotels when you live here, but these were generally during company Christmas parties) - the facility is nice, the pricing reasonable, and the location walking distance from the river & aquarium. Their website is www.chattanoogaclarion.com.

I'll let you know if I get information on the Staybridge.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 06:04 AM

Hi, Lisbeth~

I forwarded your comments on the Staybridge Suites to a friend/associate who is much more familiar with the downtown Chattanooga area, since I personnally am *not* familiar with that facility. Here are her comments:

"I'm not sure about that place. I called and it's around 130.00 a night - but it's weird that I'm downtown a lot - in that area - and don't recall it. If you're coming from MLK going south - away from downtown - it's past the Trade Center on the same side of the road and that's not ringing a bell.

If it were me - I'd stick to Marriott Courtyard - I've stayed there a few times and so has family - it's right in the heart of everything - if this person has any military affiliation the Chattanoogan gives discounts - that's a great place - but the Marriott Courtyard has been great for us.

Hope this helps!"

Also, you mentioned the parking, so I'm assuming you are driving in, or at least planning to rent a car? If so, please consider a visit to the Chattanooga Nature Center and adjoining Reflection Riding to see some of the true beauty of Chattanooga's nature. Website is www.chattanooganaturecenter.org.

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM

We have stayed at both the Marriott Courtyard and the Residence Inn Downtown. Both are very nice hotels, with the Courtyard being directly accross the street from the Aquarium.
The Courtyard was very nice, and the Residence Inn is just a little down the street from the Courtyard. The Residence Inn was very nice and included a hot breakfast. Both locations have an indoor pool.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
jw

If you are still looking,between your two originals, I would say the Staybridge Suites. It is just on the other side of the Mariott (not Courtyard) from the Convention Center. There is a free shuttle stop in front of the Marriott, which would only be a long block from the Staybridge, and the shuttle goes to the Aquarium area. Courtyard Marriott would be the most convenient, but I don't know if it would meet your bedding needs. The "Choo Choo" hotel is actually a Holiday Inn, but it would be about my last choice of the downtown hotels.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM

If you decide to go to Chattanooga without the kiddos some day, try the Stone Fort Inn. Great romantic getaway with excellent amenities!