Need a Hotel near Pa Hosp

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband is scheduled for back surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital in a few weeks and I need a hotel close by that I can stay in. Does anyone have any recommendation for hotels and/or resturants while we're there? Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM

I live in PA and there are many hospitals. What city in PA are you coming to???
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Yes, what city?
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 11:55 AM

Pennsylvania Hospital is in Philadelphia.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM

PaHosp.com has a list of nearby hotels on their visitors info pages.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 03:45 PM

I live in Philly. PA Hospital is at 8th and Spruce Streets (there is also University of PA Hospital which is at a different location so if that happens to be the hospital I'll give you other suggestions) Close to PA Hospital-there is an Omni, 215-925-0000, and the Sheraton Society Hill is close as well and very nice. 215-238-6000. Both are about 7-8 blocks away so an easy walk or cab ride. They are probably a little bit more expensive though because they are in the heart of the tourist area. If you go to gophila.com you can check out other hotels. Click on center city-any of the hotels listed are easy cab rides and all are in good areas except for the Travelodge at 12th and Arch-it's in the middle of Chinatown and can get a little sketchy at night. As for restaurants-you will be coming to one of the best restaurant cities in America so once you get there and decide what you feel like eating and how much you want to spend someone at the hotel you stay at will be able to make recommendations. Hope this helps!
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 08:19 PM
yk

For cheaper options:
Rodeway Inn (12th & Walnut)
Holiday Inn Midtown express (13th & Walnut)
Holiday Inn Old City (4th & Arch)

Restaurants:
If you want to splurge...
Morimoto (7th & Chestnut)
Deux Cheminees (12th & Locust)
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 09:25 PM

I agree with the recommendations so far, except for te one recommending Morimoto. I thought it was overrated, and to top it off, someone in our party got food poisoning there as well. That's the last thing I'd expect from a restaurant like that.

If you like Indian food Cafe Spice on 2nd between Market and Chestnut is excellent. Another good Indian place is Passage to India near 13th and Walnut.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 10:28 PM

I used to live a stone's throw from the hospital (first at 9th and Clinton, then 11th and Clinton, then 11th and Rodman). In addition to hotels, there are a few B & Bs/inns that you might want to check out.
The Columns is on Clinton Street, just a block from the hospital. Their web site is www.thecolumnsphila.com With your husband in the hospital, you might be eligible for a 15% discount.
The Morris House Hotel is also quite close, in an attractive large townhome. Check www.morrishousehotel.com
Finally, there is the Antique Row B & B (www.antiquerowbnb.com), a little farther away, but still close (12th and Locust area). It's a congenial place but positions itself as a "gay friendly" inn (just an FYI, as there are some people who might be uncomfortable with that).
Re restaurants, there are many small places nearby that cater to the office worker lunch crowd--you'll have no trouble finding a place for a quick bite. You're also fairly close to Reading Terminal Market, another lunch choice.
Around 13th and Pine are a couple of little restaurants/coffee bars, in case you want something quiet and casual for dinner.