Nawlins to Venice

Old Feb 19th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Nawlins to Venice

NOLA and south to Venice....I'll be in nawlins for the weekend and then will travel down to Venice for some fishing. Any suggestions on a "mom and pop" type place to eat and sleep? How about the Woodland Plantation? Thanks
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Along with the above question. We will be staying at the Ritz on Marriott points. We travel to NO often to eat and drink. We pick out our favorites(resturants & bars) and then try some place new. Here are our choices GW Fins vs. Christian's(way up Canal) vs. Victors(Ritz). Any suggestions on the 3.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Leaving this weekend, any heelp?
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:18 PM

I've heard one person comment on Victors and it wasn't good at all. Though I haven't eaten at GW Fins, it gets really wonderful reviews...it'd be my first choice of these 3.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 03:12 PM

You should try the dining forums at nola.com for advice from very opinionated locals! I thought GW Fins was a franchise (which I would avoid in New Orleans). Since you are going to Christian's, I presume you don't mind getting away from downtown. There are so many great places around town, I too would skip Victor's. Have a great trip.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 03:55 PM

The reviews I gave were from a long-time NO native. GW Fins isn't a chain, though its owner and chef have both had extensive experience with other restaurants, most recently Ruth's Chris.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Susan & Arriba
Thanks for you comments. I travel there a couple of times a year and I have my favorites, ie. Palace Cafe, Commanders, Mr B's. This trip, I think we(wife) are going to try an old favorite, Galatoires and Chritians(new for us). GW sure sounds interesting though, we shall see. Thanks for your comments.