Search

Nashville B&Bs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2023, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville B&Bs?

I'm searching for 3 night stay in Nashville, NOT downtown, but in almost any other nearby neighborhood. Every vacation rental seems to be corporate owned, Vacasa and Sonder are biggies. Visitnashville.com has a menu choice to click on, "B&Bs," but there are no actual B&Bs listed there! Is there a way to search for privately owned, accommodations? I'm trying to support local.
Thank you.
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 08:30 AM

Not personally familiar with it (and perhaps it is part of a chain but can't tell from the website), but Caroline House Nashville Historic Inn is listed in Tripadvisor as the no. 1 entry under Nashville B&Bs. It certainly looks local, and they say they benefit local Nashville charities. Copied from the website:

Hey there!

Thank you for your interest in the Caroline House Nashville Historic Inn! Our mission is to support local Nashville business and local charities, and we appreciate our guests and their role to help us accomplish this mission! Ashley is a 7th generation Nashville native, and Michael has called Nashville home for over a dozen years, so we love to help people enjoy an authentic local Nashville experience. We can't wait to meet you and show you some amazing Nashville-style Southern Hospitality! In the meantime, please let us know what we can do to assist you with planning your special occasion or adventure in Nashville!

History

A Nashville Historic Gem

Our Historic property was introduced to the public Spring 2015 by local media including the Tennessean and CBS News Channel 5. Additionally, in April 2017 the city of Nashville deemed the property as a Historic Bed & Breakfast based on the Nashville legacy connected to the history of the home. Caroline Waldkirch was one of the founding members of our neighborhood when she settled in historic Waverly Place at the end of the Civil War.

Her son later developed our neighborhood, building what is now the Caroline House, and named our street "Caroline Avenue". The city of Nashville later changed the name of the street from Caroline to Bradford but the Waverly Place Historic District was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The historic neighborhood is known now as a part of "12 South Neighborhood & District".

Old Jul 26th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks

Thank you. I did come across this. I will contact them to see if there might be a network of B&Bs. As this is a little pricier than I am comfortable with.
Old Jul 27th, 2023, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Caroline House informed me that any B7Bs in the area pre-pandemic, did not survive, except for Caroline House. Further, policy makers did nothing to help the small businesses.
That makes me sad and I wonder if I should be patronizing the city.
Old Aug 3rd, 2023, 05:10 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
You may want to look in Franklin, TN.
Old Aug 7th, 2023, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Oct 10th, 2023, 06:53 AM

We stayed at the Vinyl in Nashville this past week, for three nights. It's an Air B&B, And the very first time we stayed in one. They have a number of rooms on the property Andy if the others are anything like the one we stayed in (1-A), then you are in for a treat! Christy, the owner, was a rock star. If I had any questions, she answered very quickly: very responsive, beginning to end. The room itself was pristine, charming And offered even more than promised. There was actually a First Aid kit and fire extinguisher in the room! There was tremendous attention to detail, which was quite impressive. Everything was beautiful. The king bed was so comfortable, which you don't always find in a hotel room or air b&b. Easy to drop our bags off straight from the flight, since we arrived before check-in time. The location was perfect; we were able to walk to a couple of nice restaurants And to a nearby coffee shop. It was further, but we are walkers, And were able to take a nice long walk to the 12South area for some shopping. Ubers weren't expensive from the Music Row area, which was perfect, since we didn't have a car. Very safe neighborhood. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 10th, 2023, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Vinyl

Originally Posted by hiho322
We stayed at the Vinyl in Nashville this past week, for three nights. It's an Air B&B, And the very first time we stayed in one. They have a number of rooms on the property Andy if the others are anything like the one we stayed in (1-A), then you are in for a treat! Christy, the owner, was a rock star. If I had any questions, she answered very quickly: very responsive, beginning to end. The room itself was pristine, charming And offered even more than promised. There was actually a First Aid kit and fire extinguisher in the room! There was tremendous attention to detail, which was quite impressive. Everything was beautiful. The king bed was so comfortable, which you don't always find in a hotel room or air b&b. Easy to drop our bags off straight from the flight, since we arrived before check-in time. The location was perfect; we were able to walk to a couple of nice restaurants And to a nearby coffee shop. It was further, but we are walkers, And were able to take a nice long walk to the 12South area for some shopping. Ubers weren't expensive from the Music Row area, which was perfect, since we didn't have a car. Very safe neighborhood. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Sounds good, thank you.