Search

Narrowed hotel in Asheville to three..Help us to decide which one

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 11:58 PM
SGF
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrowed hotel in Asheville to three..Help us to decide which one

We've narrowed the hotel choice down to 3 but would like to know which one everyone thinks we should choose. (Family of 4, 2 Adults and two teens)

1. Haywood Suites - One big room with two queen beds and sitting area.

2. Renaissance Asheville - Room with two double beds.

3.Doubletree - Room with two double beds.

The Renaissance and Doubletree are about the same price and the Haywood is about $25.00 more per night.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 03:35 AM

I already replied to this at your other posting...if you cannot get into the Residence Inn then of these 3 you have mentioned I would opt for the Renaissance as it is downtown. You cannot walk to downtown from the Doubletree, well you could but it would be a long hike, it is however close to Biltmore Village.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM
SGF
Original Poster

I posted a new thread since I felt the topic was a little different as we want opinions on the three we've narrowed it to. We decided we didn't want the Residence Inn as it's only 2 stars. I'm sure it's ok as it's had many good reviews but we're looking for something a little more. After reading several posts about the Haywood and Renaissance many posters said they'd pick Haywood over Renaissance if the price was close but you chose Renaissance over Haywood. Is that mainly because it's downtown? Like I said transportation isn't a problem we'll have a car.Why is staying downtown so impt? I thought out of those two hotels the Haywood was a little more upscale as it claims to be 4 stars.

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:59 AM

Sorry - for some reason I got the impression you were between the Doubletree & Renaissance. Go for the Haywood Park - it is right downtown and has a wonderful restaurant (Flying Frog) in the basement and an outside cafe at street level. Why is it important to be downtown? Maybe it's just me but I'd rather experience an interesting downtown than be stuck out in tourist area or 'burbs having to drive everywhere. Have heard good things about Haywood from clients who've stayed there.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:37 AM

I haven't stayed these hotels but I would pick the Haywood Suites because it's 2 queen beds and a sitting area. You might have a sleeper sofa so the kids don't have to share a bed.

If the teens are girls, you might want to stay out by the mall. I can recommend the Hampton Inn there.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Haywood Park and Renaissance are both downtown. Haywood is a bit better located and has a somewhat more upscale feel.

If you choose Haywood, ask about the view...condos are being built next door, and thus some rooms are now looking at a wall.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 08:47 AM

yes, if you pick Haywood - ask about the view AND the NOISE...w/ the construction going on to one side.