Naples, Registry Resort-?Bungalow suites

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have decided on a last minute trip to the Naples area and are going to split our 6 days between the Hyatt Bonita Springs and The Registry. I am tempted to reserve one of the bungalow suites at the Registry because we're traveling w/2 kids, ages 8 and 10 and this room seems to accomodate more. I've done exhaustive research and I can't find any info. on these bungalow suites so am appealing to the Fodor's experts. Any thoughts, please? Also, we need to decide if we will stay at the Hyatt from Dec. 28-31st and then go over to the Registry on New Year's Eve for 3 more days or do the reverse. We're very familiar with the Hyatt but have never stayed right in the Naples area. Thank you very much for your time. Threehearts
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 11:53 AM

Threehearts, sounds like a wonderful trip.
If I were you I'd rather be at the Registry on New Year's Eve, because the Hyatt is sort of remote. This way you can enjoy the town of Naples (although you are still not walkable to downtown) for the festivities.

Neither resort is quite on the beach, you must walk or take a tram, but you probably knew that. Also, the Hyatt Bonita comes up on Priceline from time to time...worth a try if you haven't already booked. Have a nice time.
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM

I can't think of where these "Bungalow Suites" are at the Registry, which is now not called the Registry, but the Naples Grande Resort, anyway, there are some stand alone units next to the tennis courts that may be what they are referring to as Bungalow Suites. They are not connected to the hotel, you'd have to walk up the driveway or through the parking structure to get into the main hotel building and restaurants. If that's an issue, I'd ask exactly where these accomodations are located in the hotel and act accordingly.
As for where to be on NYE, I suppose it would depend on what you wanted to do that night. I'd imagine both resorts are having parties for adults and maybe something for the kids. There will be fireworks from the Naples pier on NYE which is a 10-15 minute drive south of the Naples Grande. The weather is going to be great this weekend, upper 70's for highs and upper 50's for lows. Have fun!
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM

the website and marketing materials still call it the registry
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the replies. These "bungalows" are indeed near the tennis couts and "small pool" and feature a dedicated king BR witha living rm.w/murphy bed. They don't sound particularly convenient albeit roomy. As far as NYE plans, we will be low key. I expect to have a casual dinner somewhere and then we'll be toasting 2006 from our room while the kids are asleep. Unfortunately, they're still young and just can't stay up until midnight. I imagine that it will be impossible to find an opening at a Naples restaurant(ideal situation) so maybe we should just stay that night at the Hyatt. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it. Threehearts
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 05:35 AM

If you want to stay in Naples for NYE, there are a couple of casual restaurants located near the Naples Grande in the Waterside Shops that would be good for you and the kids. We have a California Pizza Kitchen or a place called Silver Spoon cafe that are both very family friendly. If you wanted something a little more upscale, you could try Aqua Grill which has a childrens menu (on request) and a very nice menu for adults with entrees in the $18-30 range. You could go there early without any problem I'd think for NYE.
(Waterside Shops is under a major renovation right now so the place is a mess but most of the shops and restaurants are open, it is within walking distance of the hotel)