naples hotel..bellasara,,,,dining recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....planning a short stay in Naples at Bellasara with 11 and 16 year old....looking for casual dining recommendations....also locals personal favorites ....thank you!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM

Car or no car?
Kids that age will love the patio at Tommy Bahama's on Third Street South. Campiello is right across the street from it. Neither of these places are particulary inexpensive.

You could actually walk to Tin City --the best there is the super casual outdoor Riverwalk for burgers to fish tacos to steamed shrimp to just about anything else.

For really good hamburgers, it's Cheeburger, Cheeburger on Fifth Avenue South, but Lindburger's on the trail (9th Street almost across from Bellasara) is great too.

One of the best breakfasts in town is the Cove Inn Coffee Shop, just go to the very south end of 9th Street (near the Dock at Crayton Cove which is a sister to the casual Riverwalk). The coffee shop is in a motel, but packed with locals.

Also along Fifth Avenue is Yabba, with a big outdoor patio on the plaza -- Caribbean and good casual not so expensive. If you go before 6 their three course special with lots of choices is an amazing bargain. Also on the plaza is the fun McCabe's Irish pub, also with outdoor seating on the plaza.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Wow! thank you for the great tips...I appreciate your kindness...yes, we will have a car...any sightseeing suggestions for a possible cloudy day?
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 05:17 AM

Recently there's been an increased activity with the Segway tours -- they go right by my place (about 6 blocks south of Bellesara). It really looks like fun. You get them at the Trolley station which is at 10th Street South and 6th Avenue South.

The three busiest places on a rainy days -- the mall, the movies, Costco.

Old Mar 25th, 2007, 05:09 PM

For cloudy days go to the Naples Zoo. Also, King Richards Park is a great place for kids. Google them for the websites.

Old Mar 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Is King Richard's still there? You know I go by there fairly often and I haven't noticed it still being there.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM

Five Guys just opened on Pine Ridge, between Goodlette-Frank and 41. Best burgers in town. I do also like Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, but have only been to the North Naples location.

Flacos on 41 near Pine Ridge is another favorite.

King Richard's is still there. There was talk of it closing, but some development deal fell through, and it's open for the time being.