Naples Edgewater Beach:anyone been there?

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naples Edgewater Beach:anyone been there?

Looking for beach place in Naples. Hope someone can help (Patrick maybe?). Looked at Edgewater online but know there have been renovations and it's owned by the same people as the Grande which seems to be getting mixed reviews. Has anyone been there recently? How accurate are the pictures on the website? I'd think we would like LaPlaya (except it's kind of off the beaten path) but it's not available for the whole week we're going. Thanks for input.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 01:05 PM
mrt

I have stayed there. We had a beach front 2 bedromm, living room dining room, 2 bath, and kitchen suite. It was very nice. The hotel has an ok pool with pool area lunch. The lobby is small. If you like relaxing this is a good choice. There is no activities or nightlife. You should plan and eating your dinners elsewhere.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 01:22 PM

I've often recommended the place, but must admit I'm not too up to date on it. I love the location -- mostly residential area and close to "downtown". I like the size of it, because I'm not a big resort person. And I've never heard complaints about it.
We used to be taken to their "rooftop" restaurant which also served as a private club, but I haven't been there in ages. It's a lovely spot and the food was always great, but again I'm not up to date on that.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

thank you mrt and neo for your info.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 06:47 PM

The Edgewater is a nice hotel in a good location for Naples. It has been under renovation for quite sometime. I have stayed there many times in the past and now walk by daily. Looks as if the renos are complete but check with the hotel. It is a small place and homey, which we liked. Beautiful beach and 10 minutes from old Naples restaurants.
The Edgewater has moved its restaurant from the 6th floor to the lobby and it is called Coast. It is suppose to be quite good according to the reviews that I have seen.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Whether you like the Egdewater all depends on what you are looking for. When I go on a beach vacation I like the pool area to be nice because I don't stay on the beach ALL day and like to take a dip in fresh water. Also it is nice to hangout and have something to eat and drink. I was at the Edgewater in Aug of '06. The pool is very small and it is smack in the middle of the hotel. The hotel is U shaped so from your room you can hear everything. There are only 4 floors. I found that what you paid for the food and room you can stay in a much nicer place. The Registry is very nice, however, just rooms, no kitchens, mind you, kitchens in Egdewater do not have stoves. In Registry you have to take a golf cart shuttle to the beach or walk through the boardwalk through the mango preserves. Very nice walk if you don't mind it.

We have always liked the Ritz on the beach but it has gotten very pricy and a couple of years ago we got some advice on staying at the Golf Ritz 3 miles away from the beach Ritz. We paid $179/night. They have a shuttle thast runs every 20 minutes back and forth to the beach Ritz and you are entitled to all amenities on beach Ritz. The ride took like 5 minutes.The golf Ritz was nothing to sneeze at the pool was beautiful and the live jazz in the lobby nightly was great.

Sorry to ramble just wanted to share our great experience there.

PS. the beach on the side of the Ritz and Registry (northern) is much nicer too.

Don't forget to dine and stroll on 5th and 3rd avenues.

Trulucks Restaurant is great.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much kate and mary! haven't been to naples so this info is most appreciated....i've also been looking at laplaya which i think is close to the ritz beach. anyone been there? thanks again.