Napa Valley Honeymoon Getaway Suggestions...

May 14th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Mike

Napa Valley Honeymoon Getaway Suggestions...

I'm planning a 3 day getaway for my honeymoon in the first week of October. I'd love to do the B&B thing and a balloon ride. Thinking about renting a limo for a day to drive us around to a bunch of the wineries too.....Any suggestions on places to stay and avoid..things to do and not do?? I've never been there before but have always wanted to so I'm going to surprise her with this one. Thanks.

May 14th, 2001, 03:55 PM
lamplighter

look into La Residence (sp)I have stayed several times and referred several people. All have had a geat time. The two guys that run the place are very informaitve, breakfast is terrific and complimentary wine and cheese happy hour aint bad either! The couple who referred me return every year.

May 14th, 2001, 04:35 PM
kam

Would you consider the Sonoma Wine area instead? If so, would highly recommend the Madrona Manor in Healdsburg. Very romantic white Victorian outside of small town with great dining room and easy access to Sonoma wineries. They have a bridal suite if you plan well ahead. You can do balloon rides at Sonoma Thunder, Inc. in Sebastopol--800-759-5638 Sonoma is a bit quieter than Napa and I think would be a better honeymoon choice. Get moving right now, though.

Dec 16th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Fodors recommends the following company for ot air rides: Above the Wine Country (PHONE: 707/538-7359 or 888/238-6359, www.balloontours.com).

I DO NOT recommend Sonoma Thunder / Above The Wine Country / BalloonTours.com - all the same company. I had a very negative experience with this company as I was told that a minor physical condition was too risky for them to transport me on a ride. They made this recommendation within 72 hours of my flight, (when I brought it up voluntarily, surprised that they didn't ask for any information in advance if it was so important)then told me that the cancellation policy required 72 hours notice and kept my money. This is an unethical business and business owner and I am respectfully asking Fodors to remove the endorsement. I'll take the high road and not share any more details, however needless to say, this is a business that should be shut down.
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:07 AM

I agree with kam, Sonoma is far prettier and less touristy than Napa. Madrona Manor is a good suggestion. I love Healdsburg- it's a great town. There are several good tasting rooms in the town itself. There are also many good restaurants there. Another great B&B is the Grape Leaf Inn. Wonderful place, the owners are lovely and the breakfast will fill you up for the day!
If you do choose Napa, I prefer the Calistoga area to avoid all the traffic, and there will be LOTS of it in October. We stayed at the Foothill House last year and were totally impressed. Read the reviews on tripadvisor.com The rooms are large and you have lots of privacxy. Another good choice there is Cottage Grove Inn. The Rose Cabin is very romantic.
Dec 18th, 2006, 07:23 AM

We enjoyed our stay at the Adagio Inn in St. Helena. www.adagioinn.com
Dec 18th, 2006, 08:14 AM

This honeymoon thread was started in 2001. They probably have a couple of kids now!
Jan 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM

I havent stayed at Madrona Manor, but only have dined there which was a wonderful experience. You could check out www.sonoma.com for more accomodations
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM

LOL Giovanna! Well they've been married 5 years now so maybe it's already over!
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM

It would be fun to know if they did stay at the Madrona Manor. We loved it the couple times we stayed there. Would also be interesting to know how their lives have progressed. Hope they're happy, so many couples would be divorced by now.

Search this Thread