Search

Myrtle Beach in Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myrtle Beach in Feb

I have the opportunity to stay at a timeshare in Myrtle Beach (Westwinds) the week of Feb 18 - is this Spring Break or any other holiday I might want to avoid? The lodging is free so all I would need to do is rent a car - we're 40 something singles - what is there to do this time of year? Is it warm enough for the beach?

I've never been to S Carolina and have no idea what to expect - any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:20 AM
GoTravel

Not warm enough for the beach but expect temps between 55-80 degrees. The ocean water is cold right now so the breeze coming off the water would chill you to the bone.

You can however sit by the pool in a bathing suit if it is over 70 degrees.

Lots to do, shopping, dining, nightlife, golf, music theater, attractions.

MB doesn't really get any Spring Breakers.

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:20 AM

That's President's Day Weekend, but shouldn't be too busy unless there's some other big function that weekend. It is always warm enough for the beach, but you'll need long pants and sweatshirts in Feb.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:24 AM

While so far we've had a pretty warm winter, last Feb in Myrtle Beach, the highest high was 66 and the lowest low was 24.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
GoTravel

Brian, are you in Charlotte or Myrtle Beach?

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. I've checked and its only 112 miles to Charleston from Myrtle Beach - is there more to do there. Again, I am not familiar with the area at all.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
GoTravel

Yes. Depending on where in Myrtle Beach (I live an hour outside Charleston but am still part of the Grand Strand) you are staying, it is a nice little drive.

Fantastic shopping in Charleston.

Old Jan 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM

I can't think of any particular event that would be occuring in MB in February as the two biker weeks are over and it is too early for beach week. The primary tourist in MB in the winter are golfers who are snowed in in other parts of the world and enjoy the beautiful weather in MB. It's too cold for the beach but there is plenty of shopping and dining in the area. Brookgreen Gardens is a wonderful trip on a nice day and Pawley's Island is interesting. A very nice day trip would be to go to Charleston and spend the day there. There are many antebellum sites to see in the general vicinity as well. You will find plenty to do in the area and it should not be overly crowded at that time. Have fun.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:48 AM

No reason to avoid MB at that time of year/ Go up to North Myrtle for some good seafood and nice courses. Take s day trip to Charleston, or take a car ferry to Wilmington for the day. Nice shops, eateries and you can tour a battleship.

Visit the little town of Callabash North Myrtle) for seafood on the water, deep sea trips, and be sure to check out the gigantic chritmas shop!

Little River has casono boat trips.

Boardwalk has many upscale resturants and chains.

For golf retail stores, go to Martin's!
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
iceeu2

Calabash is actually in NC, just across the SC line.

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Westwinds is in North myrtle near the new outlet mall.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM

My husband and I just got back from a week in MB, at a large resort on the beach. It was fab! We went mostly to nest, in an oceanfront suite witha balcony where we sat and read all day. We had a jacuzzi and a kitchen, and got full hot breakfast in the deal. The weather was in the 70s one day, 60s two other, then a 50s and a 40s, and a day of rain. But we were at the beach so we didn;t care. Town was very quiet -- it will be more jumping when you go. Make sure to walk along there; it's a great beach!