Myrtle Beach

May 7th, 2002, 05:47 AM
MP

Myrtle Beach

I'm looking for info on the new Paradise Tower Breakers Resort. How are the rooms and the beach there? Also, does anyone know how far this property is from Myrtle Beach high school?

May 7th, 2002, 06:08 AM
x

I'm planning a trip to MB later this summer too. Is this a nice convenient place to stay? What is there to do within walking distance?

May 7th, 2002, 07:38 AM
x

I'm assuming no one has been to this place????

May 7th, 2002, 09:39 AM
chuck

MP,

I have not stayed at this resort, but the beach in that area is fine--wide and flat (especially at low tide).

If the hotel is located around 21st Avenue North (which I believe is true), it's probably within 5 miles of MB High School.

As to convenience, it's pretty much in the heart of MB. That means it's central to most attractions, but it also means there will be quite a bit of traffic, especially from mid-June through mid-August.

And for x, walking distance is tricky phrase as applied to the MB area. The Grand Strand (centered on MB) is comprised of several communities strung together along the coast for a good 30-40 miles. Accordingly, the many attractions are scattered along this stretch. The only attraction consistently within walking distance is the beach (at least, if you're staying within a few rows of it). Otherwise, you will definitely need a car.

Have a great time!

P.S. Research this site using the search term *myrtle beach* for previous threads, in which there is a lot of information.

May 7th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Moe

MP, this resort just recently opened. I haven't stayed there but you can go to their website www.breakers.com/paradise_tower.cfm and get info. Looks to be really nice. Also a good web site for info is www.myrtlebeachlive.com. Hope this helps.