Myriad of Vail ??????s

Old Jan 7th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Myriad of Vail ??????s

Hi! Thx to all for your previous ?s and posts. I've learned alot. But I have a few more. Does anyone know anything about the Vailglolodge in Lionshead----has anyone stayed there? Also, we have a chance to stay in a condo in the Sandstone area----altho we'd like NOT to have to rent a car. I know we can get to skiing etc. on the shuttle----but is there a way we can get to a fairly economical grocery store to purchase groceries? Where can we purchase discounted lift tickets on the internet? anything cheaper than vail.com? We're looking for a 5-6 day pass. And finally, any suggestions on where and when to sign up for half-day ski lessons? Do I just do that on vail.com? Any suggestions on all of this would be appreciated. Thx! Colette
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 12:13 PM

If you stay in Sandstone it's actually easier to get to the grocery than if you are in Vail Village or Lionshead. There is a City Market and I think Safeway both on the North side of 1-70 towards the west end of Vail. I think Sandstone is on North side of I-70 but more in the middle. I doubt you could walk from Sandstone but you could ride the shuttle bus - it just may be that you have to ride the entire loop to get back. I haven't stayed in Vail during ski season in a long time - we go in summer and have a car.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 05:49 PM

We spend the summers in Vail and there is always the bus that will take you everywhere for free. City Market and Safeway are just across the hwy. I have never stayed at the Vail glo Lodge. what exactly are you looking for and what are you wanting to spend per night?
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

vkb2: we're looking at about $150 a night if possible. We stayed in East Vail last year and didn't like all the shuttle time, so were hoping to find a condo or motel in VV or Lionshead. Thx.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Ani

We stayed at VailGlo for octoberfest last Sept. I would say the rooms are...adequate if you are not planning on spending much time in them. Maybe a 3 star at best.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Thx for your response, Ani. Not looking for luxurious 'cus we're trying to save on fundage------wondering tho, if the facilities are clean, and is it convenient to walking to the lifts?
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 08:17 PM

We stayed at Vantage Point, in the Lionshead section, walking distance to the gondola. The price for that week is $150 per night, or $125 per night if you stay for a Saturday to Saturday week. Email the owners of several units at [email protected] We thought the unit was quite nice.