Reload this Page >

My Island B&B and Volcano Inn on Big Island of Hawaii

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Ruth

I'm planning our trip (2 of us) to Hawaii next January and want to spend one night near the volcano on the Big Island. Kileua Lodge is already booked for the nights we can use so I'm looking for alternatives. Two I've run across are the Volcano Inn (the one in the Village, not within the park itself) and My Island B&B. I'd love to hear about any personal experience with either of these or other alternative accomodations. Since it will be January, I'm particularly concerned about heating--some comments I've seen on accomodations at the volcano said the heating wasn't good. Would like to stay at/under $125 per night. Thanks for any help.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 09:51 AM
mary

Make sure the B&B's you are considering accept visitors who are only staying one night; many of the smaller places have minimun 2-3 night stays required.

We have stayed at the Volcano House, which is within the park. It is old and rustic, a bit funky, but we enjoyed it. We stayed in the Ohia wing which is a separate building behind the main lodge. Cute rooms, though miniscule. Glad we were only staying one night.

Yes, it does get cold, we were there in November. We had sweatshirts but no long pants and we were fine. I enjoyed the cool temps.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:00 AM
ddd

A few years ago my father and his girlfriend stayed at carson's Cottage. I;m not sure which one he stayed at, but they loved it.

http://www.carsonscottage.com/

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Joe

Ruth,
My wife and I just returned from Hawaii. We stayed at Carson's Volcano cottages for a night when we went HVNP. It is located in the village of volcano. It was good, not great but sufficent. They included breakfast and the people who ran were very friendly. It was 125.00 for the night. We also ate in a the Thai Thai (located in old volcano village) restaurant which was very good. Have a great time

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Ruth

Thanks to all of you who've responded so far. I haven't seen any minimum requirements for the ones I'm considering, but you can always be surprised. Anybody else with feedback?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:20 AM
xxx

ttt

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Mrs.J

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon Jan.2002. We stayed at the Banyan Tree House in South Point. Words do not describe accurately this beautiful place. Small, not a B&B but has a kitchen. I believe it took 1/2 hour to get to the Volcano. Look up on google. It is more beautiful than the pictures show.