Search

multi-city flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
multi-city flights

Please let me know some websites available to book multi-city flights within US and also to include Newark to Toronto return.
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 02:36 AM
J62

I like to use www.kayak.com to look for schedules, then go directly to the airline website to book flights.

For multi-airline itineraries you can sometimes book through an airline website, especially if the different airlines are partners. Or you can use whatever site kayak.com tells shows those itineraries. I used to like www.orbitz.com or www.expedia.com but then no longer show flights on AA, which limits their utility for me.

You don't state where your are coming from, so it's hard to give more specific advice on airlines. Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney, Frankfurt, Paris, Dubai?

Depending on your home location, it may be better to fly round trip to Newark, then catch a Toronto-Newark one-way as an add-on to your roundtrip.
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Hi J62, thanks for your help indeed. That was what I found with orbitz and expedia....a bit limited now. Seems like kayak is my only choice which surprises me as I would think that flying more than one city is not such an uncommon event. Sorry, am coming from Sydney but already have my long trips covered. Flying into LA and out of Newark.
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 04:29 AM
J62

If you tell us your cities the fodorites who are more familiar with North America airlines can give you more tips.

Several airlines have one way fares that are 1/2 of a round trip, so you could piece together an itinerary leg by leg separately rather than booking a single, complex, multi city itinerary.
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 05:53 AM

kayak.com/buzz

cheapoair.com

cheapest comp site for the majors

good deals on econos though not on that site

depending on citis spirit.com jetblue.com southwest.com

Airtran all good deals lots cheaper sometimes for some

cities so shop around research carefully.
Old Mar 13th, 2011, 06:16 AM

This gets more complicated since more airlines are charging only 1/2 RT fare for a one-way ticket - sop mixing and matching often gets you the best deal. Southwest and JetBlue seem to always do this. But I have also found it to be the case on some routes on Delta, USAir and American.