I had posted before and we are now definitely planning for next summer so we have time to book. I went thru al l he pros and cons of keeping Mt Rushmore in. Everyone (11 people in total) want to do it so here is what I managed to come up with. Everyone is a good traveller and we will probably end up renting 3 cars. We know the trip will be a lot of driving. Please help make any changes. I am most confused as to how to split up the YNP portion.
Day 1 – Rapid City, South Dakota; Travel day-arrive in AM
Day 2 – Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore; Custer State Park
Day 3-Badlands National Park (3 nights at Mt Rushmore/Rapid City Area)
Day 4-Drive to Billings; see Little Bighorn Battlefield on way (Billings-1 night)
Day 5-Cody, enter YNP, see Old Faithful (OF Inn-2 nights)
Day 6-YNP and Mammouth Springs-Upper Loop
Day 7-Lower loop (1 night Canyon or Lake Hotel)
Day 8-Drive to Grand Teton NP-full day (Roosevelt Lodge-2 nights)
Day 9-full day Sun-fly home
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.proofferz.com/zarrah-collagen-serum-reviews/
- 2 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 3 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 4 NASHVILLE
- 5 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 6 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 7 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 8 Muir Woods - new rules
- 9 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 10 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 11 meridian
- 12 4 days in San Diego
- 13 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 14 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 15 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 16 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 17 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 18 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 19 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 20 Family winter holiday
- 21 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 22 Galveston
- 23 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 24 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 25 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay