Search

moving to Tucson

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moving to Tucson

I am going to Tucson first of December as a travel nurse. I have never been there and don't usually go to large urban areas but I am use to the sun in southern Utah so I thought I would give Tucson a try. I will be working at Eldorado Hospital in east tuscson. Can anyone give me an idea of close areas to look for apartments that is safe and as quiet as possible. Thanks
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 06:10 AM

There are several apartment complexes near to El Dorado. The hospital is on Wilmot and just a bit south (near Broadway)there are several complexes. Also, just a bit west of the hospital on Pima (off of Wilmot) are two complexes that I think are fine. I lived many years ago at Casa Loma on Broadway just East of Wilmot and it was very nice. I would think the hospital will be able to give you suggestions for living, as well.
Tucson is beautiful - especially this time of year. Enjoy!
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 07:07 AM
emd

This is not on your particular question of apartment areas, but I did a posting a few weekends ago asking about ideas for a trip to Tucson to consider retirement there. I got good feedback and advice on the pros and cons of the areas, lifestyle issues, community issues, etc. Since you are moving there you might want to take a look at that post. I see you are a new poster, so let me tell you how to find it. Click on my name above in post (the "emd" in blue). All of my posts will come up in chronological order, most recent ones first. Scroll down them till you see the one about Tucson.
In addition to tucsonartist, there are some other very helpful posters on this board who live in Tucson, and I am sure they will chime in.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM

Hi, Kaymcf,

If you are doing web searches for apartments, check on ones that are on North Wilmot road, Tanque Verde Road, East Speedway 5500 block to 7000 block), or East Pima St. 5700 block or higher. Apartments in those areas should be within about a mile of the hopsital, and that area of Tucson is safe. When you find places just map them and do a "driving directions" search to see how far it would be.

I also have a lot of other information about Tucson, as well as web sites. So please feel free to email me and I can send you the links.

Welcome -- I think you will like it here.

email address: [email protected]
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 01:55 PM

I think you will find Tucson has alot of traffic, as opposed to southern Utah - so be prepared !! I know very little about the ara around Eldorado Hospital, but MikePinTucson lives on the East side of town and I am sure he has many suggestions about areas to live in over there (I'm way on the other side of the city). After the adjustment period I am sure you will like living here. If you have questions about the city in general please don't hesitate posting.