Reload this Page >

Mountain Meadow Hotel/near Biltmore

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Amarna

Has Anyone stayed at Mountain Meadows Hotel in Gerton,NC. before? We are interested in the cabins they have.I think it is about 30min from Biltmore Estate. Any information would be helpful!
Thank You

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:53 AM
Austin

I believer you're referring to a small motel/lodge in the Hickory Nut Gorge, right? It looks nice enough from the outside whenever I've driven by, and I believe AAA gate it a single diamond rating.

If you do stay here, be careful on the roads! This motel is located on Hwy 74-A (Gerton Hwy), also known as the Old Charlotte Hwy. It's EXTREMELY twisty and curvy, switching back on itself a number of times as it climbs, then descends the mountain into the Fairview area of Bumcombe County (where Asheville and the Biltmore Estate are located). Also, this property is very isolated -- Gerton isn't even a wide spot in the road, but there some shops a ways down the road in Bat Cave and on into Chimney Rock and Lake Lure, plus there's plenty in Fairview, which is a suburb of Asheville. On the plus, side this property is in an absolutely gorgeous area!

Like I mentioned, it looks great from the outside -- a main building and a line of little cabins in the woods around a lake. Have you called them to ask any questions you might have regarding what their rooms are like and what they offer?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Austin

Sigh... misspellings.

"believer" -- believe

"gate" -- gave

"Bumcombe" -- Buncombe

Sorry 'bout that.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:33 AM
NotAustin

Hey Austin: The word is 'misspelling' and it is singular and plural. 'Misspellings' is incorrect.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Austin

NotAustin:

Thatts nize. Thancks fer shairreng!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:09 AM
AMARNA

Thank you Austin for the information!
That was a great description,it helps me very much! They have
a webpage, but you never know for sure.
Thanks again!

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Renae

I have actually stayed there once for about 2 nights. It's not a set of cabins, it's a motel. There is a small cottage that can be split into 2 motel rooms. We stayed in one of the rooms that was part of the cottage. Very clean, not the most comfortable bed, but cozy. I loved the lake outside which you can paddle around in their canoe or paddle boats. There are also a couple of wooden swings right by the lake. We sat out there at dusk, and it was just SOOO peaceful and serene. I could not believe how quiet it was (I live in Fort Lauderdale). I'd say it's worth a stay for a night or two. I don't think I'd want the motel rooms near the cottage, as it seems like the walls are quite thin, and you'd probably be able to hear any noise coming from the next rooms. We were lucky that no one stayed in the next room to our cottage.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:28 AM
amarna

Thanks for all the advice,we had a very
nice time. You were not joking when you
said it was a curvy road, whew!
It was a really nice place. We stayed in
a 2 bedroom room/cottage that was up on the second floor. The first floor looked like a storage area. I will stay there again!