Search

Monterey, CA area hotel help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monterey, CA area hotel help

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone's help in the past on my threads about this trip... Putting the last pieces of our trip together for next week and need some help. We have booked one night at Tickle Pink Inn while we explore Carmel/Big Sur/Monterey areas. If we decide to stay another day for sightseeing, we'd like to stay in the Monterey area but in a relatively cheap hotel since we're splurging at Tickle Pink!
We're hoping for less than $85 for two of us in a room on a Friday night- don't really need luxury but prefer no roach motels! Any advice?
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:51 PM

I just got a postcard from the Monerey Beach Hotel and they are offering rooms starting at $89/night with a garden view. The oceanview rooms are still very reasonable at $119/night. This property is located right on the beach. It has a swimming pool, jacuzzi, on-site restaurant and is very nice.

We have stayed here every year for the past twenty years with our whole family. Have fun! ***kim*** www.montereybeachresort.com if you are interested. It is a short, less than ten minute drive into Monterey. But that has never bothered us!!
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Excuse the typo, Monterey Beach Hotel. I'm on my hubby's computer and there has been an extra amount of chaos going on at our house today!! ***kim***
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 10:49 PM

we were just there and room rates seem to be on the low side. Someone told me The DOubletree is $89/noc which could be possible as someone else I know just stayed on the club floor there for $150/noc. I'd check the Marriot and Hotel Pacifc as well to see what they can do for you. All these hotels are in close proximity to each other, the wharf and downtown Monterey.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kim and Pam! We'll see what happens when we get out there but it will be nice to have a couple recommendations in the back pocket... assuming our flight isn't delayed due to bad weather!
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 09:11 AM

Aand don't forget to go to Point Lobos. I personally love the Granite Point trail. It's easy walking and the views are amazing.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Ski Queen, right next to the Tickle Pink is the Highland's Inn. They have a VERY good casual place with excellent food called The California Market. Try the fish tacos! And if the weather is chilly, there are heat lamps on the outside terrace with breath-taking views of the coastline! Their Tahitian vanilla bean creme brulee is also excellent! Have fun!! ***kim***