Reload this Page >

Monteleone or Omni Royal Orleans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 12:52 PM
Kim

Can anyone advise -- Between the Monteleone and the Omni Royal Orleans (on St. Louis), which would be preferable and why? I just visited New Orleans on business and stayed at the Hilton Riverside. I would like to return again for a few days with my husband for a fun get-a-way. Both hotels seem to have good locations, although the Omni appears to be more centrally located. Are there advantages to staying at one versus the other?

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 01:11 PM
Jason

I have stayed at the Monteleone a couple of times, and enjoyed it. I can't comment on the Omni (It looks nice). You really won't notice much difference as far as location, they are right around the corner from each other and are both in great French Quarter locations. The Monteleone is one of the largest and oldest hotels in the French Quarter. It is nice; however, being as old as it is, you have to appreciate the character. It will not be as new and pristine as the Hilton, but it has great French Quarter elegance.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Joe

Ditto Above

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 12:22 PM
Margaret

I've stayed at the Monteleone. It is right on the edge of the French Quarters, just a block from Canal Street. The Omni is more modern. Have also stayed at the Hilton and was not impressed.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:05 AM
Donna

Definitely the Monteleone.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:08 AM
John

Definitely the Omni! The Monteleone is nice but the Royal Orleans is the class act of the French Quarter. If the rates are the same, I'd choose Omni every time because of service and overall elegance of the hotel. One caveat: rooms at both hotels range from tiny to average! Don't expect a huge room.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 07:47 AM
Wendy

Kim,
We have just returned from a wonderful anniversary trip to N.O. and we thought the Omni Royal Orleans was very nice. The location was great and quiet, moments from all the great shops and restaurants of the French Quarter. The room was very small but everyone at the hotel couldn't have been nicer. The manager of the hotel even had a bottle of champaign chilled and waiting for us when we arrived ( 20th anniversary) compliments of the hotel!
I know you didn't ask about restaurants but just in case you are still deciding on where to eat I have to recommend Bayona. Following the advice on this forum we made reservations at Bayona and had one the best meals I have ever had anywhere. The service was great and the food was incredible. We certainlly agree with all of the posters on this site who said Bayona is one of the best!
Have a great time!

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 04:17 PM
Linda

The Omni is definitely the best. The location is perfect. Try Emeril's NOLA for dinner, only a few minutes away. You won't be sorry.