Reload this Page >

NY to San Diego Airline tickets in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 08:55 PM
roni

My God, are they crazy with those rates. I can't seem to get anything cheaper than $589pp. I really could use some advise guys. I already made my reservation to stay at a specific hotel in June, but I can't seem to find decent airfare. I know all about travelocity.com, lowestfare.com, etc, and I'm registered with farefinders with several different companies. Question? Should I wait until it gets closer to June. The reason I'm asking is, on the farefinders I'm listed with now, it quotes prices of $298pp is you travel before 12/00-02/01. Is that because its cheaper to travel now to San Diego, or is it because the airlines want to book up. Help. I really can't afford $598pp, and have spent weeks searching everysingle online travel site and cant seem to do better, thats why I wanted to know if I should wait and see what happens. All help appreciated. Thanks

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 03:34 AM
Don

If you're signed up for all of those farefinder alerts then you'll get a June fare under $300 if you're patient. And if you're a good girl (boy?), possibly under $200 if TWA has a sale and Lowestfare can sell you the ticket. Good luck.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 11:41 AM
Joe

Suggestion: Fly into a Los Angeles area airport and drive to San Diego. LA-NY is a very busy route and fares should be better, but bear in mind the extra hassle potential car charges, etc.

Many SD residents (that I know) fly out of LA for their air travel.

BTW, why are you visiting? June's sunshine is very limited.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 12:55 PM
howard

Don has given you good advice. Be patient and wait. Think about it--why should an airline offer bargain rates now for June, when it has 7-8 months to sell them at a higher rate before discounting them?

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 04:52 PM
John

Several airlines have banded together and come up with their own alternative to Priceline. It's called hotwire.com and I used it yesterday to save $400 on an upcoming trip. Unlike Priceline, you don't bid...they tell you the lowest price upfront and you can find out which major airlines participate. You still can't choose times, however.

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 05:30 PM
roni

Thanks so much for your help everyone. I think I'll just be patient and wait, couldn't get much worse. Anyway, I know June doesn't have the greatest amount of sunshine, but its our anniversary and san diego is the place. Thanks again