moderate steak houses in las vegas?

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 07:21 AM
sheridan

moderate steak houses in las vegas?

Are there any that are outstanding without being overly expensive? Hoping to spend under $25.00 per person. We prefer quality over quantity. Any other suggestions for eating out are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:32 AM
tjc

This suggestion may go over your $25.00 preference if that includes a drink and dessert - but check out Emeril's in the MGM. The menu is posted at the entry. We had a great Steak-on-a Shingle(yes, a wood shingle!) and very nice service.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:41 PM
noname

Although not a steakhouse, the Redwood Grill at the California Hotel in downtown Las Vegas has a porterhouse special that falls within your price range.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:36 PM
beefeater

check this list of steak restaurants in vegas. some have reviews. most show $, $$, $$$ cost comparisons

http://www.lasvegas-nv.com/restaur.htm#Steak

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Lenore

We ate at Emeril's Fish House in MGM last trip to Vegas and were EXTREMELY disappointed. The food was mediocre at best and very overpriced. The wait staff was slow and snobby. I will never again waste my money at any Emeril's after that experience! Not sure about the steak, but a great moderately priced restaurant is Le Provencal in Paris. It's situated right behind the nifty little crepe place, which is another great cheap place to grab a bite. You might also try the Grand Lux Cafe in the Venetian. They have an extensive menu with a wide variety of choices, and it's also mid priced. Enjoy!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:14 PM
joe

The Pasta Pirate at the California Hotel is one of our favorites. The menu is posted outside the front door. The Redwood Grille is a bit more upscale and expensive, but of equal quality. You won't be disappointed with the food at either one.

If you're stuck on the strip and can't get downtown, I'd check out The Cortez Room at the Gold Coast (short free shuttle ride from the Barbary Coast) or the Sahara Steakhouse (coupons in local magazines often). While not really what I'd call "outstanding", they are very good for your price range.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:23 PM
jon

Vegas resident here...

Try Sonoma Cellar at Sunset Station. Entrees are in the $18-$27 range, and you'll never believe it, but they all come with salad and side dish! Seems like every place on the strip is ala carte these days, and I'm not paying $6 for a baked potato. But I digress...I've tried many steak houses in town, and have never had a better filet mignon than at Sonoma Cellar. So tender you could practially cut it with a fork!

Sunset Station is located on Sunset Road at I-95, so you'll need a car to get there.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:35 PM
jbj

Pasta pirate is not a "steakhouse", but you can get a great steak there. Often times Italian restaurants do a very good job with steak.

Fits into your price range, just barely. But ask for any "off the menu" specials, which they usually have.