Moderate restaurants near Capistrano Beach, CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - will be in Southern CA in a couple of weeks - staying at a timeshare in Capistrano Beach. We like to be fairly casual at night and are trying to watch the budget. Any California people out there that could steer me towards good food at a moderate budget. Don't mean fast food. Not cheap. Just don't want to break the bank every night. We want those places where you can get a dinner or a main dish salad or even a sandwich platter. Thanks!! sue
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 05:34 PM

The Fisherman restaurant on the Capo pier is great and a fantastic setting. Sea food, meats, salads, etc.Eat outside on the deck if the weather is warm enough.You have to find a place to park on the street. The bach there is fantastic too!
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:21 PM

I agree with the Fisherman on San Clemente pier. There are also a number of good dining choices in the Dana Point Marina (Capo Beach is between SC and DP). If you wanted to (really) splurge one night, the dining room at the Ritz Carlton, just north of Capo Beach is wonderful but very pricey.
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM

The new Montage is better. Make ressies for the Studio..ahead of time. Expensive, but on the water. The Ritz or St Regis can't top this or the food!
Also, Surf and Sand's Splashes! You can almost get wet and might if there is a high tide!
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:38 AM

For a cheaper dinner, Ruby's in San Juan Capistrano (close to the Mission and the train station) is good for burgers and salads. Farther down Camino Capistrano,right across from the library is a Mexican restaurant that's very inexpensive and has great food, called El Maguey. There's also a Marie Callendars (a chain with American food) on Del Obispo in San Juan. Lots of reasonable place to eat within walking distance of the mission, which is a must see!
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:51 AM
mdv

Across from the Mission: L'Hirondelle.
Very reasonably priced French/Belgian place. Dinners come with soup or salad.
OPen for lunch also.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:17 AM

I second L'Hirondelle! Great place! A newer, trendier spot right next to Ruby's is the Sun Dried Tomato, but it's quite expensive and noisy when it's crowded...I like L'Hirondelle better...