Moderate Hotel In Scottsdale Arizona

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderate Hotel In Scottsdale Arizona

I will be staying in Scottsdale from 3/28-4/4. I found out this is HIGH SEASON. Can anyone recommend a MODERATE PRICED nice clean hotel with a few amenities. Thinking about Best Western, HOliday Inn express, ectc. Thanks in advance
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM

I'm staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Scottsdale for five nights next week. I'll post when I return to let you know how it is.

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 12:38 PM
emd

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Suites hotel for 2 nights before checking into a resort hotel. It was really good and I recommend it highly. Very clean hotel room w/a good sized separate room (w/a door) w/TV and sofa and chair and desk w/chair, microwave, fridge coffeemaker, and sofa made into sofabed also. Very clean, nice furniture and decor, and pretty new looking (this was last year). Decent restaurant on site for breakfast and lunch. We got a good breakfast w/our rate also. Recent Tripadvisor.com reviews aare still good.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com and bid on Priceline. I am a frequent traveler to AZ and always get great deals on Priceline.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 06:35 AM

Try the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn in old town Scottsdale. GOod location and reasonable accommodations. There's a Residence Inn a short distance north on Scottsdale Road that is not bad. If you head west on Camelback Road to 20th Street (Scottsdale Rd is east about 50 blocks), there is a Courtyard Marriott newly renovated and a Homewood Suites. Both are decent.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 08:46 AM

I second the Holiday Inn Express. Great rooms/suites, incl. breakfast, central but quiet location.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM

I just returned this afternoon from five nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Scottsdale. My friend and I were very pleased with our accommodations. Our room had a living room with a sofa bed, wing chair, small table and two chairs, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, separate bedroom with a king sized bed and a decent bathroom. The room was very clean and the lobby of the hotel was lovely. They served a nice breakfast every morning. Typical breakfast items, including Belgian waffles.

The location was good - in a nice area. Close to restaurants.

I can highly recommend. We paid $139.50 with a AAA discount.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Hello Bevey,
For what it is worth. There is a Day's Inn Hotel right on the grounds of Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall (Scottsdale Rds @ Camelback.) And just across the street are the newly constructed restaurants/shops, still under construction. It is quite an upscale area right along the riverfront.
This is an upscale area, but the hotel is not that upscale. If you care to shop, this is the place to do so!
Here is a website you can refer to:
http://scottsdaledi.homestead.com/Hotel.html
Regards, Francie
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM

I agree about trying priceline. They have a resort category for Scottsdale. A few years ago we used pricelien. We ended up with the Millenium McCormack Ranch (it may be called something else now). It was a nice resort, not the most luxurious in the area, but still quite nice especially at the priceline rate. Not only that, but they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom townhouse (there were 4 of us), we could have lived there it was so roomy! Even without the upgrade, we would have been very pleased.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:33 AM

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at 7350 E. Gold Dust Rd because it was listed as a best value hotel by Fodors. It was a good value - rooms were clean and in good condition, though very basic. There weren't really a lot of amenities - you get a free breakfast. The review claims it's in easy walking distance of trendy restaurants and shops - I didn't find anything in walking distance interesting, but it's about 15 minute drive from old town and a couple of upscale malls. Rates for dates you're looking at begin at $139.
Fodor's review:
This may be one of the nicest Comfort Inns you ever lay eyes on, and it's in a quiet, upscale North Scottsdale neighborhood along the Scottsdale Road corridor. The three-story glass entryway is as welcoming as the enthusiastic staff inside. Rooms are utilitarian but clean and have irons and ironing boards and free HBO. There are several trendy restaurants and lots of shopping opportunities within easy walking distance. It's a comfortable, affordable, and family-friendly alternative in a town filled with expensive resorts. www.comfortinn.com. 123 rooms, 3 suites. Refrigerators, cable TV with movies, in-room data ports, pool, gym, hot tub, business services, Internet room, free parking, no-smoking rooms. AE, D, DC, MC, V. Continental breakfast.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM

You s hould consider priceline. You can get some great deals. Check biddingfortravel.com for more info. Scottsdale has a resort category. Sometimes you can get a resort at the price of a moderate hotel.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM

Oops, I see I already responded to this post earlier.