minnewaska lodge ???

Search

minnewaska lodge ???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
minnewaska lodge ???

has anyone stayed here? or hiked in the area???

thanks
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:31 AM

We hiked there many, many times. Endless hiking trails, great views
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:18 AM

Yes, I've stayed there several times. It's very new and clean and a little sterile...it doesn't have the charm of a B&B...the rooms look more like those you'd find in a business hotel. But that didn't bother me. A nice continental breakfast is served in the morning in the large "den" which has a fireplace, dining room table w/chairs, some couches, and a pretty view of the woods. Some of the rooms have balconies with view of the woods/mountains.

I have hiked in the area a number of times...it's excellent! I never hiked around Lake Minnewaska though my sister often did and loved it (she used to live around there). I like the hiking around Mohonk Mountain House a lot. However, you can only drive up to MM House if you have hotel or meal reservations up there. Otherwise you have to park at the dirt lot at the bottom and hike up - an easy mile or two, and well worth it. Then you can hike around the lake up there or in the surrounding hills. There is one fantastic hike that goes over & under boulders, up & down ladders, finally ending deep in this narrow crevasse, from where you climb a long ladder out, finding yourself at the top of a mountain with an amazing view!
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM

What suzanne said about the hiking! The hike she mentioned is a "rock scramble" that, once up that last chute, puts you on top of the mountain across from Mohonk Mountain House and overlooking a bit of the lake. But you can't go wrong, pretty much any direction you turn up there - all the hikes are good. And New Paltz is fun for a meal and a drink once you're done!
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM

Um, you're responding to an 8 year old post.
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Fodors should take a (another) page from TripAdvisor's book and close threads that are 6 months and older.