Search

Milwaukee Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milwaukee Hyatt

I will be coming to Wisconsin mid-Sept for a course in Menasha. I'm flying into Milwaukee on the Saturday night and will drive to Menasha on Sunday. Currently booked into the Milwaukee Hyatt for Saturday night. How far is the Hyatt from the airport? Should we pick up the car when we arrive and then drive downtown? If there's a lot to do in downtown Milwaukee then we probably don't need a car and will just be paying parking unnecessarily. But then it might be just as costly cabbing it back and forth to the airport. When we come back from Menasha on the Wednesday night, should we stay at the airport? Any recommendations for airport accommodations? We've never been to Milwaukee so have no idea where anything is or how easy it is to get around.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:43 PM

The Milwaukee airport is about 15 minutes south of downtown. In the downtown area, there are restaurants, bars, theaters, museums and a mall. I believe that there is a Budget car rental location in the Hyatt.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 04:32 AM

Does the Hyatt have a shuttle to/from the airport? If so you might want to pick up AND return the car there and stay the last night downtown as well. Downtown Milwaukee is very walkable. The river walk is particularly nice, lots of bars and restaurants with patios.
There are numerous hotels by the airport but not much else. It would be much more entertaining to stay at the Hyatt on your last night.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. The flight out on Thursday isn't until 10:35 a.m. so it looks like we've got lots of time to get to the airport from downtown. I checked the Hyatt website and didn't see anything about an airport shuttle but I think I'll give them a call. We were going to fly into Appleton as that is closer to Menasha, but it doesn't look like there's much to do there. It looked like a good opportunity to check out Milwaukee.