Notices

Michigan Beaches

May 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Michigan Beaches

I would like to take my grandchildren to a nice beach on the lower coast of Michigan. We are from Indianapolis and would like to drive straight up to somewhere near St. Joe or near there. I have never been to Michigan and want to find someplace where we can go back each year. It's too far for me to drive to an ocean so I'm settling for one of the great lakes! Any suggestions? The kids are all ages and I'd like to take turns letting them go with me. My fantasy is of a cute cottage with a path to the beach. I'd love a patio or deck or terrace facing the water for breakfast. Mind you this is just from my imagination....but surely someone knows of something that would fit the bill Thanks!
May 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Oval beach on Lake Michigan is beautiful. Check out Saugatuck or Douglas. I've rented homes from Millpond Realty and Shoreline Realty. Check out their websites. Homes are listed and will tell if they are near the beach. I don't know if there are any homes directly on Lake Michigan's beach in that area, but there are some that are very near. Its just a short drive to Holland and other small cities that are nice.
May 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM

What's your price range? How much time? When you say, "take turns", do you mean you'd rent for six weeks, and have one grandkid per week?
May 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM

Many beautiful beaches! The entire west coast of Michigan is unbelievable, summer rentals are pricey and beachfront esp. We usually stay in a hotel when we are in southern MI, and rent a cottage when we go to mid or northern coast. Warren Dunes (exit 16) is a favorite because of the towering dunes, but many towns- Holland is a southern favorite, Mears or Luddington in the middle.

Search this Thread