Search

Miami Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miami Restaurant

I'll be driving through Miami on my way to the Keys next week and since I've never been to Miami before, I'd love some advice on a great restaurant for lunch on our way through. I'd love someplace unique that either overlooks the ocean or possibly has some form of outdoor seating.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 11:20 AM

Garcia's on the River is in downtown Miami. It overlooks the River with outdoor seating. Not a fancy place but rather an old stand-by with lots of fresh seafood buy typically high Miami prices. It is difficult to find as the streets wind in that part of downtown but it is across from the Scottish Temple, a beautiful old building. Next to Garcia's is Joe's, not Joe's Stone Crab but rather Joe's Fish Market, two different places. I've heard it is also good.

As for Joe's Stone Crabs, you could go there although it is not on the water and it is ultra-pricey. But there is a JOe's take-out next door which is cheaper.
Old Jan 12th, 2005, 12:31 PM
GoTravel

Since Miami traffic is such a PIA and the drive to get to a good restaurant with atmosphere could add considerable time to your trip, I'd skip Miami.

Instead, I'd take the Card Sound Road route through the Keys and stop in Key Largo and eat at Alabama Jacks.

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 04:58 AM

How about lunch in Coral Gables, is not out of your way and city is beatiful, the most beautiful city in south florida.
There are no waterfront restaurants in Coral Gables but lots of nice choices.
Coconut Grove is also very nice and also on your way to the keys.

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 07:17 AM

On the expensive side, two lovely choices are outside dining at Acqua at the Four Seasons and Baleens on Grove Isle. On the other end of the spectrum is Scotty's on So. Bayshore Drive. This is outside dining, good fish sandwiches and is not fancy at all (as in, feel free to bring your dog). All are easily accessed from I-95.