Search

Mesa Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mesa Airlines

Hi, anybody knows this airline? Flown with them? Are they dependable?

I'm searching for a SFO-LAS or OAK-LAS flight, and this airline came up. Any info or adivise would help.
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 12:28 PM

I believe this is the commuter airline affiliate of America West. You'll be just fine. Have you also checked into Southwest?
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Yes, RJW, thank you, checked SW too, their prices are attractive, too bad I have to wait till I know the exact dates - trying to coordinate with 2 more families.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 10:45 AM

Mesa operates several different divisions.They are a Usairways express operator,an America West Exp operator,and fly independently in NM.I flew them to Carlsbad NM from ABQ.No Problems.
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Randy, this is what I wanted to hear
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM

Mesa is the puddle-jumper in NM I've used for years to travel from Albuquerque to NM, just like Randy. I recently had a problem with them when I booked my elderly mom to travel on them, with a change in Albuquerque to Frontier. Mesa told me they had a cooperative agreement with Frontier and that they would take my mom's luggage from their plane and take it to Frontier. They also said they would take my mom via wheelchair to Frontier. They did neither and my mom had to hustle to get them to do what we'd previously arranged on the phone, something not easy for an elderly frail woman. When I called to complain Frontier said they'd talk with Mesa but they didn't know why they did not do what they'd said they would. Mesa claimed ignorance. My mom has also had problems with them leaving when her Delta plane was late. There are only three flights a day so she had to spend the night at a hotel.

The caveat is beware if you have to change planes. Other than that, they are a low-budget, smaller commuter airplane that will get you where you want to go.