May 2005 Alaskan Trip

Search

May 2005 Alaskan Trip

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May 2005 Alaskan Trip

I am driving to Bellingham, Wa in May 2005 for a flight to either Anchorage or Fairbanks. I will leave my vehicle at this airport. My plans are to take the AMHS from Skagway back to Bellingham as a foot passenger (cheaper) on my return trip where I can pick up my vehicle and continue my travels. ** My question is this--- How do I get from Anchorage to Skagway? or must I take a ferry from Valdez to Juneau? ** I don't seem to see any type of vessel from central Alaska to Southeast Passage which would take me directly to Skagway. Any help is appreciated. Tks from Phil
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:56 PM

Skagway has no commercial flights. Nothing direct to Skagway that I know of. There is also ferry service - infrequent from Seward??
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:37 AM

Here's info on bus service from Anchorage to Skagway:
http://www.tokalaska.com/aTokSite/di.../schedule.html

It's a two day trip unless you can find a faster way to Whitehorse. I have not taken the bus. I would suggest you call the bus company for advice. We have driven from Skagway to Anchorage with an overnight in Tok. It's a long ride and nice to do ... once! We spent two nights in Skagway after arriving on the ferry.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:22 PM

The only way to get to Skagway via air is to connect in Juneau. You would have to fly Alaska Air from Anchorage to Juneau and then use Wings of Alaska or Skagway Air from Juneau to Skagway.
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Original Poster

BudgetQueen, thank you for the reply. I will schedule my trip to Seward to correspond with the ferry from Seward to Juneau, stay in Juneau two days and then take the ferry to Haines/Skagway and then reverse from Skagway to Bellingham.