Maui trip Report

Oct 7th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Original Poster

Maui trip Report

We just returned from our first trip to Maui. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Kaanapali, which was fabulous...no complaints there. I have to say it was quite beautiful! My husband and I live in Southern CA and thought the weather would be similar...but, we sweated like crazy! I think the last week in Sept. is Maui's hottest. Anyhow, sweating aside, it is a beautiful place. I prebooked all of our activities on the internet and followed a lot of advice from this message board, so I thought I would share some suggestions w/ you all. The best thing we did while there was take the Discover Lana'i all day sunset sail/snorkel trip. This was AWESOME. Maui Revealed gave this company an undeserved bad rap. The crew was great, the sail was fabulous, the food was yummy and plentiful! I know a lot of you on here live and breathe by Maui Revealed, but I am starting to wonder how fair their reveiws are and what type of people the authors' are. That being said, the Trilogy sail was superb!!!!!!! Next we went to the Feast at Lele. I chose this because I wanted a more intimate dining experience and that is what we got. The show was great and the food was first class cuisine! Oh, and the sunset setting was so Romantic. We were in heaven. Then we took the all day waterfall hike through Hike Maui. This is not for the feign at heart, but let me tell you...if you get to the top you will see that the hike up was well worth it. We saw things that were indescribable! We swam where no one else was swimming, hiked off the beaten path, and had a great guide. (Thanks Doug!) Finally we finished our last night off by going to Warren and Annabelle's Magic show...WHAT A HOOT! My husband still says this was his favorite event. We laughed for two hours straight. We so recommend skipping the appetizers and corny piano bar thing and just showing up for the show part. The food was gross and the service was aweful, but the show redeemed itself. We highly recommend this show. I am so glad we stayed so close to Lahaina. We explored the entire Island and felt as if we stayed in the best location. Thanks again to everyone who posted the great suggestions that made our trip a joy!
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:49 AM

sounds like you had a really great time, thanks for the post.
one question.. where can I find more info on thei all day waterfall hike? are you talking about Waimoku falls at the Haleakala national park?

Oct 9th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Original Poster

You can go to www.hikemaui.com And yes, this is that hike you mentioned. There is so more more than you can imagine. The passion fruit and guava are ripe and the whole rain forest smells fruity sweet. The bamboo forest is breath taking and all of the waterfalls are awesome. We had lunch on some rocks at the base of a huge waterfall.
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Original Poster

Also, if you have the A3H card and book online you can save 15 percent
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:22 AM

thanks, i wanted to know if it was Waimoku falls you were talking about becasue I did that.. I was wondering if ther ewas something else that could compare to the incredible experience we had.. but guess not Waimoku was amazing, the whole hike was amazing just like you said.
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:38 AM

That hike to Waimoku Falls is a fav for me and DH too! We will do it every time we get to visit Maui. The sounds of the bamboo trees in the wind is awesome.