Maui - Olivine Pools

Jun 24th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Stacie

Maui - Olivine Pools

Has anyone been to the Olivine Pools mentioned in "Maui Revealed"? What did people think

Jun 24th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Ken

Yeah - I'd like to know about the Olivine Pools as well - how do they compare to Queens Bath on Kauai?

Jun 26th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Stacie

Has anyone been there?

Jun 30th, 2002, 11:12 AM

Just got back from Maui. Did the North Shore drive around and visited the Olvine Pools. It was very impressive. The hike down to the pools was pretty short. There were several pools - big and small. The views are incredible. Waves are huge and sometimes crushing over the rocks into the pool. Let me tell you - that was something to see. We've also been to the Queen's Bath on Kauai - it's much smaller comparing to the Olivine Pools.

We enjoyed the North Shore drive but we did notice a lot broken car window glass on the ground. That made us kinda worry about leaving our car in the middle of nowhere...

Jul 1st, 2002, 07:38 AM
Stacie

Is the hike down to the pools one you can do with a child in a backpack?

Jul 5th, 2002, 08:43 PM
gyppielou

On our most recent trip we visited the pools 3 days for short visits, agreeing that when we came back it was now an advertised vacation spot rather than a hidden gem.

That said, I would be extremely cautious bringing a child never mind a child on my back. The climb is dangerous. It is all rock which can be slick and the rocks can move. Each trip down I repeated to my husband, "PROTECT YOUR HEAD" If you fall, loose your footing in the least, it is a very dangerous place. I say this having had a friend have severe brain damage from loosing footing on rocks on the Cliff Walk in Newport RI.
The pools are amazing, just be careful. Taking a child on your back to me is bad parenting.

Jul 6th, 2002, 06:21 AM
joan

Gyppielou wrote:
"On our most recent trip we visited the pools 3 days for short visits, agreeing that when we came back it was now an advertised vacation spot rather than a hidden gem."

G, what do you mean...was it very crowded? Or do you feel that it's just so beautiful it can't help but get popular? Going in Sept, can't wait! and we will be careful!

Search this Thread