Search

Maui In January

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2002, 03:29 PM
Greg

Maui In January

My wife and I are considering going to Maui in January. Our concern is the weather. It appears to be the coldest & wettest month. Any experiences or feedback would be appreciated.

Old May 1st, 2002, 04:15 PM
Laurie

The Wailea area of Maui has the least amount of rain on the island plus it's a great area!

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:48 PM
Lori

I went in January one year and was disappointed to spend half of the week cold and wet. The whale watching was good, but my beach time was very limited due to the weather.

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:57 PM
Duane

My wife and I went to Maui this past January for 10 days. It rained 2 times in Ka'anapali (not on the dry side of the island) and was sunny for 8 days. It was windy, but coming from the east coast, the 80s to mid 70s for highs and high 60s for lows were just fine. The whale watching was spectacular! We also went snorkeling and I recall our guide telling us that the water was 74 degrees. At least that's what I remember he said. Since January is perhaps the worst month for weather in the continental U.S., the weather in Maui in January is beautiful.

Duane

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:41 AM
joe

January and Februrary are high season in Kihei and Wailea.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:34 AM
xxx

You can get amaizing deals on airfare in January. Kihei is so vast with condos you can always find something any time of the year

Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Rob Sawatsky

We went to Maui 3 years ago in January. Stayed in the Kihei area. I don't recall we had any rain.

Wherever you stay, you can often find some place sunny on Maui, if you are willing to drive around. They only risk is the small chance of kona winds that strike the normally leeward side of the island and bring nasty weather.