Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Maui hotels - Royal Lahaina Resort or Ka'anapali Beach Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Royal Lahaina Resort or the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel recently? Are they decent? Which do you recommend? They're both reasonably priced (for March). I can't afford the big resorts like the Wailea hotels, but I'd like to be on a nice beach. We're two people for three days. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM

We stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel on our honeymoon. The hotel is fantastic, the service is great and the beach is beautiful. They are also offering a room/car combo that is very good. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

When looking for hotel rates in Maui check also as a package with car. A Ritz Carlton room with car for a week in Feb is about $2000 less than a room reservation.
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is right in the middle of things. Not stayed there, but it's an older property that's very Hawaiian. Royal Lahaina Resort is on the other side of Black Rock from the KBH. Usually it's not as crowded, but with the new hotels going up around the old Airport beach, it is getting more crowded. You can't go wrong. Also recommended is the Maui Eldorado. Outrigger operates it, it has a very nice cabana located on the beach with a full kitchen, ice machine and an attendant with towels, beach chairs. You can also rent privately from some of the owners at the El Dorado considerably cheaper than the Outrigger rates.

Rex
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I'm leaning toward the Royal Lahaina Resort, based on reviews that I've read.
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 10:42 AM

I maybe late to comment on this. But I have stayed at Royal Lahaina. It is a nice property and quite. It is condo with maid service daily, beach right there, grounds are nice with pool. If you like chocolate deserts. Roy's has one to die for. Roy's is in the mall as you turn off the highway to go to Royal. Second floor, $10 and about 20 minutes to make. I have not stayed at Ka'anapali property. But if you want to shop, park at Whaler Shopping and have one of the shops validate your parking for free few hours.